NBA Off-Season...

Guest StreetzHopin

Guest BacknBlackHoez

Shareef Abdur-Rahim Demands Trade

Oregonian (registration required): "Trail Blazers forward Shareef Abdur-Rahim, despondent over the Blazers' rejection of a trade that could have sent him to the New Jersey Nets, told The Oregonian on Monday that he wants a meeting with Blazers management to emphasize that he will not report to training camp unless he is traded."

the man didnt demand to get traded out of Atlanta, but demands to be traded away form Portland?

• Replies 543
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest bukkake bandit

What a crybaby. He wants to start for a team so he can get another fat contract next offseason from someone. He wouldn't get one backing up Zach Randolph all season.

Guest bukkake bandit

The latest Vince Carter trade rumor.

Report: Raptors offer Vince, Rose to Hornets

Vince Carter has yet to comment on the numerous trade talks surrounding his future, maybe now will be the time?

Sportsnet.ca - A trade involving Raptors' franchise Vince Carter and teammate Jalen Rose is lighting up the airwaves in New Orleans, according to WGNO, the cities' local sports radio.

According to the radio report, Toronto has offered Carter and Rose in exchange for P.J. Brown and Canadian Jamaal Magloire. The deal reportedly will include an undisclosed amount of cash. It is no secret in Toronto that Vince Carter is unhappy with his exclusion from the Raptors' off-season revamping of its front office and coaching staff.

Carter has yet to comment on the ordeal, but on several occasions has voiced his discontent with executive Richard Peddie. Carter's closest friends have revealed the star wouldn't return to the Raptors unless Richard Peddie, president and CEO of Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment Ltd., consultant Jack McCloskey, and director of player personnel Jim Kelley, were all fired.

"In due time. I'm definitely going to fill everybody in when it's time," said Carter, who will host his annual charity all-star game July 30th at the Air Canada Centre. "I have nothing to say right now, but I promise in due time."

Magloire, a 6'11 centre, is a native of the city, and has hinted in the past about his desire to play in front of his friends and family. Last season with the Hornets, Magloire averaged 13.7 PPG, while posting 10.3 RPG. Brown, a 6'11 forward, led the team in FG percentage while averaging 10.3 PPG.

In Jalen Rose, the Hornets would get a skilled guard while adding the marquee player needed to play alongside Baron Davis.

Source - http://www.sportsnet.ca/nba/article.jsp?co...728_234516_5008

Report: Raptors will match for Mo Pete

TSN.ca Staff with CP, Sun files

7/29/2004

The Toronto Sun reports that the Raptors will match an offer sheet that forward Morris Peterson signed with the New Orleans Hornets two weeks ago.

The Hornets did not release the amount of the offer, citing club policy. Peterson's agent, Rob Pelinka, said the deal was worth $15 million US over three years.

Peterson played in every game for the Raptors last season, starting 29, and averaged 8.3 points and 3.2 rebounds.

In the 2000 NBA draft, he was Toronto's first-round pick, 21st overall.

Toronto general manager Rob Babcock had said he hoped to keep Peterson in the fold.

I always have liked Mo-Pete. Now we just need to find a way to get rid of Lamond Murray.

Edited by sahyder1

Guest bukkake bandit

The Nets went in the shitter rather quickly eh? I guess they just didn't like being the better team in the Tri-State area <_<

Yeah, killing the Knicks was fun while it lasted I guess. I wonder where Kidd and Jefferson will go after this season.

The Nets traded their starting shooting guard Kerry Kittles to the Clippers today. For a second round pick.

....in more important news, since they have Kittles, the Clips decided to pass on the Suns offer sheet to Quentin Richardson. Yay. :smug:

The three major sports networks here in Canada all reported today that Vince met with Raptors GM Rob Babcock yesterday and has loosened his trade position. Apparently Babcock was able to show Vince where the team was headed and how important Carter was to that direction. Apparently Vince also likes Sam Mitchell. He still wants Richard Peddie, President of Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment which owns The Raptors, to be fired. However, Vince apparently has no problem playing for Mitchell or Babcock.

As a Raptors fan I'm not sure if I want Vince back next year or not. Put aside all of this "I hate Richard Peddie" bullshit for a minute. Vince is a scorer yes, but he's one of the most fragile players in the league. He's had the bad calf, knee and quad and that has made him afraid to drive to the net. With out penetration he has a hard time creating open shots for his teammates. Thus, Vince really can't be considered a superstar because he doesn’t make the players around him better. He can make good and sometimes difficult shots but if he goes cold, which seems to happen more often now a days, he won't drive to the hoop for he easy buckets, the good dunks or to get to the line. Vince doesn’t make the players around him better, he doesn’t draw fouls and he doesn’t get to the line enough. That's why I feel he is so overrated.

The deal with New Orleans is 100% bogus as reported today. There is no truth to the rumor what so ever according to The Score and Rob Babcock. Looking at that deal I love the thought of Jamal McGloure playing in Toronto. He is fantastic and is coming into his prime. Unfortunately, trading Vince and Jalen Rose leaves Toronto with no backcourt scoring and not enough minutes for Magloure, Bosh and Ariujo. If they made that deal it would really make the selection of Ariujo look stupid because they would be hurting in the backcourt for a Jamer Nelson type guy who they passed up.

The Raptors starting 5 looks like this right now:

PG Rafer Alston

SG Jalen Rose

SF Vince Carter

PF Chris Bosh

C Rafiel Aruijo

To me that is a solid starting 5 that, in the east anyways, can make the playoffs. Then you have guys like Donyell Marshall, Morris Peterson and Alvin Williams coming off the bench.

If guys can stay healthy, which is near impossible in Toronto it seems, then this team can crack the top 8 and with some luck could maybe even get that all so important 4th seed, especially with the Nets becoming a lottery team. You have the Heat, Pistons and Pacers who will be the top contenders in the east but then who? Milwaukee? Boston? Cleveland? Orlando? New Orleans is in the West this year. Charlotte? Philadelphia? If the Raptors don’t make the playoffs this year I’m going to be sick. Anyone else have an opinion on Vince Carter as a player of the Raptors chances of making the playoffs?

Guest bukkake bandit

Anyone else have an opinion on Vince Carter as a player of the Raptors chances of making the playoffs?

The Raptors should make the playoffs this season. The Raptors should have made the playoffs last year, but they went to hell after the All-Star break.

Anyone else have an opinion on Vince Carter as a player of the Raptors chances of making the playoffs?

The Raptors should make the playoffs this season. The Raptors should have made the playoffs last year, but they went to hell after the All-Star break.

The reason they didn't make the playoffs was because both Vince Carter and Jalen Rose were out for over a month with injuries after the all-star break. Then Bosh got hurt. That left Mashall to do the scoring. For god sakes, Rod Strickland was a starter! Plus, Kevin O'Neil sucked big time as a head coach.

Guest BacknBlackHoez

Kidd Ready To Walk

Newark Star-Ledger (registration required): "According to a team official, Jason Kidd returned from his Mexican vacation yesterday and immediately requested a meeting with management at Ratner's earliest convenience, at which time the Nets' captain is expected to demand a trade. And to further illustrate the goals of the new ownership group, a close friend of Alonzo Mourning yesterday disclosed that the disabled center wants to attempt a comeback, but has been informed by the team that his services are no longer desired, as it would rather lop his salary off the cap after next season."

Vince Eyeing New York

New York Daily News: "Despite the declaration Wednesday from Toronto general manager Rob Babcock that Carter will return next season, a person close to the Raptors' All-Star swingman insists that Carter is trying to force a trade to New York... However, the same source said that the Raptors have explored the possibility of moving Carter and talked about shipping him to the Sonics for Ray Allen. Carter, however, has no interest in moving to Seattle and is following the lead of both O'Neal and Tracy McGrady by requesting a trade to the team of his choice."

Exactly What The Lakers Dont Need

Los Angeles Daily News: "Marcus Douthit, the Lakers' second-round pick in last month's draft, was one of seven people charged Thursday with taking part in a Rhode Island identity theft and embezzlement scheme that allegedly filed more than $160,000 in false slip-and-fall and car accident claims."

Edited by BacknBlackHoez