I Hate My PlayStation2

Benji

I find that if you move the ps2 a lot you have a greater chance of it messing up. cause my old ps2 didn't start messing up until I started taking to my friends on the weekend. maybe try taking it apart and cleaning it or see if sony will fix it for free

Mine's been here in my brother's room for ages. It's started making clicking noises when you play games, and now when you put a disc in it makes clicking noises and it doesn't even recognise that there's a disc in. I think I need to get a dvd cleaner disc or whatever. If that doesn't work then I blew £20 on a network adaptor for nothing. Since I'll have to get a new ps2 and I might as well buy a slimline which has one inbuilt.

Mine's been here in my brother's room for ages. It's started making clicking noises when you play games, and now when you put a disc in it makes clicking noises and it doesn't even recognise that there's a disc in. I think I need to get a dvd cleaner disc or whatever. If that doesn't work then I blew £20 on a network adaptor for nothing. Since I'll have to get a new ps2 and I might as well buy a slimline which has one inbuilt.

We got a cheap DVD disc cleaner thing from Musiz Zone for £3 that works really well in my PS2.

I also don't move mine. I used to carry it in a bag from home to my wife's when we were still going out to play with her dad and that really hacked it up.

Now it stays where it is.

It also hates the cold and sometimes will disc read error maybe a dozen times in a row, so then I know to laser clean it.

Taking it apart and having a quick clean works sometimes as well.

So I bought a DVD/PS2 cleaner disc for a fiver in ASDA. Put it in. PS2 just clicked more than ever, got a disc read error and it wouldn't even let me eject the damn CD! I eventually got it out.

I guess I'll be heading to a repair shop soon then. Apparently my step-dad had a ps2 fixed for someone before and it cost £50! Add the £20 for my recently purchased network adaptor and the £5 for the DVD cleaner I might as well have just bought myself a new slimline one.

this is funny cause i've had no problems with mine. might be something to do with PAL versions only running on 50Hz :P

yeah, mines less than a year old and i move it all the time. anyone know the release date for the PS3

If I could warn you for being a retard I would.

Eh, I've seen people warned for less.

I've got the weird clicking sound and Please Insert a PS2 disc error, but so far nothing bad has really happened -- I just keep trying until it works.

The controllers, on the other hand, and poorly manufactured peices of crap. I've had two split open (but are still useable), and another two with messed up analogue sticks, and one with messed up shoulder buttons. Jeez, its like they make the things to fall apart just so I have to buy new ones.