Gazza quits Kettering Town

Lineker

• Admin

Paul Gascoigne has left Kettering Town after being in charge of the Conference North side for just over one month.

The 38-year-old former Newcastle United and Tottenham midfielder was appointed Poppies boss on 27 October and named former Arsenal star Paul Davis as his assistant.

Davis has also left the Rockingham Road-based club.

Gascoigne was in charge of the side for eight games winning three of them, drawing two and losing the other three.

Saturday's 3-1 defeat by Barrow left the club sixth in the table while the team crashed out of the FA Cup at the first round stage of the competition to Stevenage Borough.

A statement from Kettering's owner Imraan Ladak said: "Following discussions it has been decided that Paul is unable to carry out his duties as manager.

"My immediate priority is to appoint a new manager rather than discuss the reasons for Paul's departure.

"With Paul's status within the football

That didn't last long now, did it.

Possibly more like pushed rather than shoved. That said that's probably what Gazza want's you to think since he's quit everything he's done post playing. Apparently he want's to buy them but the chairman won't sell, going so far as to say: "I'll tell you this now, I would not sell Kettering Town FC for £100m of Roman Abramovich's money." Roman's just dying to make Kettering a Chelsea farm club :P

Come on... Did anybody actually think Gazza would last more than six weeks? Are there people that dumb that they expected a reign as long as Fergie's Man Utd reign? Geez... Someone bookmark this thread and resurrect it same time next year when Gazza reappears for his next project so we can save a thread.

Im a MASSIVE fan of Gazza and i dunno why hes disgracing himself at these lower league clubs , i mean he was a drunk but Tony Adams was too and hes made it onto the tele . Get the man on Footie Focus or get him on MOTD

Shame for that mid-wife who had slippy hands when you were born. Gazza is still a drunk, and Adams managed (poorly) at Wycombe which is a lower league side which is a 'disgrace' in your eyes. Get a clue.