Best Game Intro

Benji

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 10 months later...

I know this is very nearly a year old, but there's been a new undisputed champion of the game intro world.

http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?docid=...q=mark+of+chaos

Shame the game was largely "meh". And the voice actor didn't learn his script properly, or the animators had the wrong script, because the Warrior-Priest clearly says "For the Emperor!" (which is widely considered to be the correct version of the warcry) while the voice actor says "For the Empire!" (because he/the script writer's a retard). You don't fight for the Empire, that would imply some sort of freedom and/or love of your country. You fight for the Emperor, because he told you to.

...but if you have to complain about that, you're missing the awesomeness.

Edited by Farmer Reil

MGS 1-3

- I think I like them because it is almost like you are watching a movie and they really get you into the game.

Kingdom Hearts 1 and 2

- Got to love J-Pop :shifty: Plus I am a sucker for video sequences with really catchy scores or songs.

Metal Gear Solid 2 is my number one. First of all, it features the awesome MGS theme song. Second of all, Sons of Liberty's version of the song is better than MGS1's. Third, it kinda shows you all the events of the game already, without actually spoiling anything. And four, it gives you a feeling that you really get to play the whole game through as Snake... which is not true after all :shifty:

Then, well, somehow GTA: San Andreas' intro is somewhat appealing to me. True, it's not that special, but all the locations of the game are included and then there's the great opening theme. I love that theme.