WCW/nWo Revenge

MalaCloudy Black

La Parka has it too, but I'm still a bit in the dark on how to do it. Don't you have to do it like a certain number of times in a row for it to work?

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

La Parka has it too, but I'm still a bit in the dark on how to do it. Don't you have to do it like a certain number of times in a row for it to work?

Yes, something ridiculious, like TEN times.

Holy shit, I just remembered that this series of games has one of my favorite features ever in a wrestling game. Basically, I love it when an opponent is standing on the ring apron and then you hit him with a running striking move. It's so awesome seeing your opponent fly off the apron and smash his back into the steel guard rail (or announce table in the case of No Mercy). I think it's a great addition to the game(s), it really adds more drama to a long, brutal match.

Speaking of these games, was anybody a fan of WCW vs. the World? It was the same engine, but the grappling was a bit different. It was still a pretty fun game with an awesome roster. It had 60 wrestlers, from all over the world, albeit they were under different names. That game's only downfall (which was a big one in my opinion) was the fact that you could only wrestle 1 vs. 1 matches. No tag team, no battle royal, no triple threat, and no real variety to the game. The best you could do was the best 2 out of 3 falls matches. Even still, how could you not love a roster with Great Sasuke, Taka Michinoku, Road Warrior Hawk, Sabu, Hayabusa, Terry Funk, Kenta Kobashi, Shinja Hashimoto, and Stan Hansen? The models of each character looked solid for the time, and they all had their signature moves. I actually liked the fake names they gave them like Habanero for Hayabusa, or Major Tom for Terry Funk, but my favorite was Bad Blood for The Great Muta.

Edited by VerbalPuke

Speaking of these games, was anybody a fan of WCW vs. the World? It was the same engine, but the grappling was a bit different. It was still a pretty fun game with an awesome roster. It had 60 wrestlers, from all over the world, albeit they were under different names. That game's only downfall (which was a big one in my opinion) was the fact that you could only wrestle 1 vs. 1 matches. No tag team, no battle royal, no triple threat, and no real variety to the game. The best you could do was the best 2 out of 3 falls matches. Even still, how could you not love a roster with Great Sasuke, Taka Michinoku, Road Warrior Hawk, Sabu, Hayabusa, Terry Funk, Kenta Kobashi, Shinja Hashimoto, and Stan Hansen? The models of each character looked solid for the time, and they all had their signature moves. I actually liked the fake names they gave them like Habanero for Hayabusa, or Major Tom for Terry Funk, but my favorite was Bad Blood for The Great Muta.

Holy shit.....I never realised that the wrestlers were based on other wrestlers. I knew the WCW wrestlers obviously, but at the time that was all I watched.

Bad Blood was sweet.

Holy shit.....I never realised that the wrestlers were based on other wrestlers. I knew the WCW wrestlers obviously, but at the time that was all I watched.

Bad Blood was sweet.

Yeah, there's actually a few interesting choices in there. In the MMA federation one guy is based on Ken Shamrock, ya know the guy named Sherlock (whose picture is ironically a cartoon picture, the only non-WCW guy like that...and a picture I think looks like Disco Inferno). I found this interesting since Shamrock was just getting involved with WWF at the time of the game's release. Scott Norton is also in as Billy Gaijin, which is odd since he was a part of the WCW roster at the time. Taka Michinoku is also in, another guy who found his way into WWF that same years. The strangest of all is Dynamite Kid, except that he has Vader's moveset. His character name is the Turk. Actually if you want a list of all the guys based on somebody, here's a link...

WCW vs. The World

I remember the mask ripping in World Tour, but not in Revenge for some reason. It has to be a guy with an eye rake submission on the floor...I think Scott Hall had it in World Tour or something.

Are the fake guys in revenge real wrestlers too? I noticed that the ones in World Tour where based on TAKA(Black Belt), Sasuke(Black Ninja) Abdullah the Butcher(Saladin) Giant Baba(Ali Baba) Hayabusa(Hannibal) Super Delphin(The Unknown) and some others...Can somebody hook me up with a link that tells who they all are?

Sorry to double post: This is from GameFaqs, but for WCW vs NWO World Tour:

Rip the masks off!

To rip off the masks of any of the masked superstars in the game like Rey Jr., Hannibal, or Black Ninja, repeatedly press by the head of the wrestler when he's on his stomach or on his back to do the eye gauge or camel clutch submission holds, keep on doing this several times and you'll finally see the wrestler's face!

Contributed By: Gruel

EWF

===

AKI Man / THQ Man (Partially based on Mitsuharu Misawa)

Shogun (Real name: Toshiaki Kawada)

Executioner (Real name: Kenta Kobashi)

Dr. Frank (Jumbo Tsuratu)

Jekel (Real name: Dr. Death Steve Williams)

Maya Inca Boy (Real name: Akira Taoe)

DAW

===

Hawk Hana (Real name: Genichiro Tenryu)

Kim Chee (Real name: Koji Kitao)

Dake Ken (Real name: Atsushi Onita)

Brickowski (Real name: Mil Mascaras)

Ming Chee (Real name: Tarzan Goto)

Han Zo Mon (Real name: Hayabusa)