WCW/nWo Revenge

MalaCloudy Black

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha, I love the old WCW games, the random run-ins were great.

My favourite was Backstage Assault, though, it was just so awful. They re-used old commentary from the last game, and half if it didn't even begin to make sense. It was hilarious. And the "entrances" were pathetic, it just played three seconds of their entrance movie.

Revenge was the height of WCW gaming, though, clearly.

How could I 'aquire' VPW2. My 64 is broke. Any other way? :shifty:

I'll link you in.

I forgot how to do finishers :(

Strong grapple, and then wiggle the joystick. Press A+B together if you want to steal someone's finisher.

I'd play VPW2 more if the wrestlers actually looked mildly realistic....some just look awful. Still, the moves > the ones in WCW/NWO Revenge.

I'll link you in.

Strong grapple, and then wiggle the joystick. Press A+B together if you want to steal someone's finisher.

I'd play VPW2 more if the wrestlers actually looked mildly realistic....some just look awful. Still, the moves > the ones in WCW/NWO Revenge.

I just like playing as Mil Mascaras and Dr. Wagner Jr. in VPW2 :P

Strong grapple is A, yeah?

I'll link you in.

I just like playing as Mil Mascaras and Dr. Wagner Jr. in VPW2 :P

Strong grapple is A, yeah?

Yeah, hold A.

I like being several of the characters, but WCW/NWO have a better Norton and Nagata.

Although being Vader is alwasys fun, although Kings Road (or whatever it is called) involves Vader vs Misawa, Kobashi, Kawada, Hansen, and not a lot else....oh, and tag matches with your partner and 2 of them!

I do know where you're coming from about how shit the character models look though, the only people I could pick out without having to reference a translation guide were Misawa, Dr. Wagner Jr., Taka Michinoku (only because his name is a bunch of kanji and then the word MICHI), Magnum TOKYO (same situation as Taka, kanji and then the word TOKIO) and Vader.

Oh and Kamala.

I do know where you're coming from about how shit the character models look though, the only people I could pick out without having to reference a translation guide were Misawa, Dr. Wagner Jr., Taka Michinoku (only because his name is a bunch of kanji and then the word MICHI), Magnum TOKYO (same situation as Taka, kanji and then the word TOKIO) and Vader.

Oh and Kamala.

I recognised most of the masked guys (Liger, Kashin, someone and then Wagner), Misawa (tights), Kobashi (tights), Hansen, Kawada (tights), Kamala, Vader.....and that might be it. Some I knew from playing before, but some are miles off, its kinda funny.

I also don't think I've ever pulled a finisher off, I've won almost ever match with a rollup or a pinning combo.

We used to live this game. My cousins would alway rent it (they owned world tour but would rent revenge). We would always play 4 corners type matches over and over and it was always very heated.

One of my fondest memories was playing my cousin Keith. He would use Goldberg and I would use Glacier. He was really good at the game and I was mediocre at best. He would spend like 10 minutes just kicking me around the ring, hitting spears, beating the hell out of me, but because Goldberg's finisher (spear) ended in a pin, and the pin mechanic in the game was essentially broken (You could always kick out of pins by rotating the joystick) he could never pin me, and I'd always manage to get up from a near KO.

Eventually I'd manage some sort of offense...like 5 moves followed by taunts :P , and get a special. One kryonic kick later he was looking a KO. He would get so pissed.

Too bad it didn't last. It happened twice in a row one night, but a few days later when we went to play again, he had re-thought his strategy and instead of hitting the spear, he'd use my own special against me and hit the kryonic kick which would cause me to be KOed pretty fast.

Oh and Kamala.

They have gameshark codes which can translate the main menu and the wrestlers name for you. Me, I just had a lot of patience and did it manually. Some of the faces are alledly off, or they have the wrong facial hair. You want an example of screwed up, look at Liger.

Oh and Kamala.

You want an example of screwed up, look at Liger.

Having been a Liger fan for years, it may not be what people conventionally think of when they think of Liger, but he has worn outfits like all the ones given to him on the game, and his mask doesn't always have horns, so Liger is pretty ok, especially compared to some (Kojima with dreadlocks?)

If you don't mind me asking, what's the best N64 emulator? I do own a N64 and do own Revenge so I wouldn't mind playing it without actually setting the whole thing up again.

I used to absolutely love playing WCW/nWo World Tour - because, and my brother didn't know this, but unless you get your ass kicked big time, you can automatically kick out no matter what by using the analogue stick. Although he'd beat me in the long run - twenty minute matches of Ultimo Dragon vs. Rey Mysterio Jr fucking rock!

Although saying that, I prefer Revenge. I just wish THQ had the licence for a bit longer as the upgrades in entrance music would have been made eventually (they didn't as it'd be stupid to put everything into a game when you can do it for the next game)... Oh and that they actually kept Wrath in the game - he was the man!

Oh man, this is definitely my favorite wrestling game ever. I don't think I've ever had so much fun with a wrestling game. A friend of mine used to have the game in 8th grade and we would literally play 60 man battle royals for hours. We wouldn't do over the top though, we'd have 60 man, no DQ, pinfalls and submissions only battle royals. Those took a long time but were a hell of a lot of fun. They sometimes took on an epic feeling as well. I was Perry Saturn most of the time in these matches because his moveset was the shit.

"Saturn with the cradle pile driver on Dake Ken!" "1..2...no he gets his shoulder up at the last minute" "Wait, what's this? Saturn is taking him to the outside, oh no he's not gonna...OH NO, DEATH VALLEY DRIVER ON THE CONCRETE. THE COVER, THE COUNT, 1..2..3, HE GOT HIM" "Let's see who's next, and it's DISCO INFERNO!"