WCW/nWo Revenge

MalaCloudy Black

Taking inspiration from the Kobashi matches I watched the other day, I took on Vader in VPW2 last night, and he battered, threw me outside the ring, dropped me with several high impact power moves,and basically raped me.

However, it was all outside the ring. He took me back in, and I slowly worked my way back in, ending the match with his burning finisher, the Orange Crush. Was epic.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I always played two on one handicap matches with my friend, We'd play as two little guys like Rey & Juvi and go against The Giant and just wail on him with chairs until he bled.

Mask Ripping: I don't remember which move number this is, but when

your opponent is lying on it's back, there's a head submission hold

that looks like an eye gouge. Do this enough times, and you will rip

part of your opponents mask off and bust him open. Your opponent's

spirit will then go up all the way because he is pissed. Thanks to

Gary Hedges for this tip. It works in VPW1 and Revenge as well.

Anyone know what move they're talking about?

this game was a classic when it came out. it was the first wrestling game that in the royal rumble if you got eliminated you could be the next guy that came to the ring.it kept history of who won what belt, i loved that game.

I remember this game so well. It was the first game I bought (because the 64 came with Goldeneye, so that doesn't count). This was when I was a mark, so I demolished everyone with Goldberg. One thing that confused me...didn't you unlock Hennig when you won the World Title? Is that the ultimate goal of the game, to unlock CURT HENNIG? Okay, he was a good wrestler, but still...

In answer to the mask ripping question, I believe it's fake. I tried it countless times, and then I'm sure I read somewhere that it was fake. It might have been on Mayhem though. Speaking of Mayhem, that game has some surprisingly good features. For example, it had a "Play a PPV" feature, where you could play all the old WCW PPV's. Plus, you could keep getting new ones from the game website.

Edited by Katsuya

I remember this game so well. It was the first game I bought (because the 64 came with Goldeneye, so that doesn't count). This was when I was a mark, so I demolished everyone with Goldberg. One thing that confused me...didn't you unlock Hennig when you won the World Title? Is that the ultimate goal of the game, to unlock CURT HENNIG? Okay, he was a good wrestler, but still...

In answer to the mask ripping question, I believe it's fake. I tried it countless times, and then I'm sure I read somewhere that it was fake. It might have been on Mayhem though. Speaking of Mayhem, that game has some surprisingly good features. For example, it had a "Play a PPV" feature, where you could play all the old WCW PPV's. Plus, you could keep getting new ones from the game website.

I seem to want to say that I remember playing as La Parka and I did some move that was supposed to rip the mask. If you went to rip the mask a fourth time the opponent would usually counter. I may be wrong, though..

To answer a few questions/statements:

a)Curt Hennig was who you won for the US Title. You had to win all the belts to get a chance to go for the World and the TV (I believe).

b)The mask thing does work....I believe that any move done to someone with a mask (submission at the head) is changed to an attempt to gouge the eyes or rip the mask off (but I may be wrong). It was definitely possible though.

As Liam said, yes, the mask ripping works.

And no Cloudy, you didn't have to win all the belts to get the World belt 'season', just the US Title. By beating the US title, you get Hennig, and by beating the World title, you get Piper. I believe you need US, World, and Cruiserweight unlocked so you can get the Television title. Why...I have no idea (meaning why the TV title comes last).

I never bothered too much with the Tag Team version. On my cartridge, I believe the tag team champs are the Steiners, and they've been holding the titles for over 4 years. I know because I submitted an E-Fed guy based on them before 9/11. Come to think of it, it's a lot closer to 4 and a half years.

I remember getting to that last match for the belt and thinking it would be Ric Flair for sure, but instead it was Roddy Piper. I was kinda bummed about that.

The whole Flair thing happened because he was fired by Bischoff, and was intended to be part of the game (See Hogan's 'Old Man Flop' special) When that happened, AKI had to remove him, although I suppose they could've included someone based on him as part of the DAW/EWF guys.

Edited by Mick27

b)The mask thing does work....I believe that any move done to someone with a mask (submission at the head) is changed to an attempt to gouge the eyes or rip the mask off (but I may be wrong). It was definitely possible though.

I just tried with Juvi vs. La Parka, all he did was the generic 5-punch (or however many) to the head. I'm about to try with someone else that I know would have some head submission moves.

As Liam said, yes, the mask ripping works.

And no Cloudy, you didn't have to win all the belts to get the World belt 'season', just the US Title. By beating the US title, you get Hennig, and by beating the World title, you get Piper. I believe you need US, World, and Cruiserweight unlocked so you can get the Television title. Why...I have no idea (meaning why the TV title comes last).

That was what I said :P

I knew that Hennig was for the US, but I believed you had to win them all before the TV and World were unlocked.

Tried the mask thing with Benoit vs. La Parka too, nothing special.

Yeah, it isn't meant to be to be honest. I think it may have been ripping off the Muta vs Liger NJPW match where Muta ripped Liger's mask in the middle (so not totally off) and Liger went mental, and kicked seven shades of crap outta Muta (but Muta eventually won)....I say this as the mask only comes off a little in the middle, and the masked wrestler's spirit goes up.

Yeah, but I'd still like to see it.

EDIT: Clarifying, when I said "nothing special", I meant that nothing special happened. Benoit just did a sleeper hold to him.

Edited by A Pimp Named Cloudy 27

Yeah, but I'd still like to see it.

EDIT: Clarifying, when I said "nothing special", I meant that nothing special happened. Benoit just did a sleeper hold to him.

You need someone with the eye rake move.

So if I have someone with the eye rake, they'll do an eye rake as their head submission?