The EWB Mafia ~~~SIGN UPS~~~

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man, it sucks that I got killed........

Especially since "Man I got killed!!!!!!!" in the main thread is pointless (Y)

Since I'm being a good little loser and not whoring up the main thread >_>

And I must say that I agree with GoGo, this game is the funniest thing to hit the Cube in ages. I am love it.

Edited by Christmas Creature 27

Man, it sucks that I got killed........

I fully suspected that if the million$$man uttered any famous last words after being drowned it would have been either "HaHaHaHa!" or "guess everybody *doesn't* have a price." Now he's a body! :D

Full Marks to the Yuletime Dentist for once more taking the first bullet (or first 88) in one of these. One time, just for fun, you might get to die second! Dare to dream ChristmasyKane.

Or I might get to outlast 40 other people and win! Oh wait, I already did that.

Lynch Beeker in 05.

Edited by Christmas Creature 27

replying to the recent posts in the main thread:

im not a part of this, but i continually keep up with it. this has been one of the most interesting diaries i've read.

i have been communicating some of my guesses, theories and strategies with the contestants thru MSN and for that if it is against the rules i apologize. if any of my guesses have been correct, sorry for being right.

what these communications have shown me though, is that there are 3-4 people that either are right, or collectively dont have a clue....

all are equally convinced they are right, so this MSN communications, while they seem to have resulted in the death of Ze's character, surely cant be THAT bad for the long term game.

although, dead characters telling people still in the game info doesnt seem right ;)

I see nothing wrong with discussing it off the board as long as things aren't revealed, but there's no way of monitoring that is there?

I could easily tell someone how my power is to win the game and never die or whatever because it might just slip out while we discuss on the killing of contestant X.

So while talking on MSN is okay in some circumstances, it's bad in others. And if people are going to use it to ruin the game then they shouldn't really get to use it at all - i know it's not in the control of Zan or anything like.

People have abilities that can see what alliegence a certain person is so what's the need in someone else going around persistantly asking if someone is mafia or townsfolk. Just defeats the object of it all.

I guess next time Zan runs one of these - if he ever wants to go through it all again - then he should allow the use of MSN and you can defend yourself on that - get people to convince you etc.?

I've given it much thought.

I think it's pretty clear I want to run a sequel -- this was just a test run, and I'm loving it so far. So a sequel in a month or two may not be too farfetched an idea, considering it's a pretty low effort game (other than well, being paranoid shitless). I've got tons of new ideas floating in my head

Anyway, I think the major problem right now is that we have some people following the no-msn rule, and some not, so it kinda results in an unbalanced playing ground: people are caught off guard when pestered on msn, and so on.

So, I think I'm going to relax the rules a bit, and go with what plubby and Ace suggested. I'll allow the usage of MSN, so I expect Mafia members to be able to come up with some sort of case to defend themselves.

However, there is information that should be made present in the thread: If you make a claim to a role or ability, even if you're lying, it MUST be posted in the game thread.

Secondly, if you vote for someone based on MSN evidence, it must be mentioned in the thread.

Thirdly, dead people are dead, period. No communicating from the dead, else I'll I dunno, hold a grudge against you or something.

Sounds fair?

Edited by Gongsun Zan