The Misifts!

Ash J. Williams

The Misfits  

17 members have voted

1. 1. New or old Misfits

• Danzig's Misfits
    • Only's/Graves' Misfits

That Pennywise one is on the Violent World album.

It's a bunch of Misfits covers by various bands. (Snapcase, Pennywise, Shades Apart, Tanner, Therapy, Prong, 108, Bouncing Souls, Goldfinger, Deadguy, Sick Of It All, NOFX, Earth Crisis, Farside)

I absolutely hated it at first, in fact I think I even posted here angrily and roasted it. But it has sort of grown on me. And as I've just naturally got into some of the other bands (Earth Crisis) I've started to like it a little more.

I'd say pick it up if you can get it cheap.

Tony Hawk's American Wasteland has tons of those covers all over the game.

I've only started discovering The Misfits (rather late huh?) and any suggestions would be great. As far as who I prefer... From what I HAVE heard I prefer Danzig.

As far as Danzig era stuff goes, LL, I'm personally a fan of "Bullet", "Attitude", "Angelfuck", and, well, fuck - just look for the entire Static Age album.

Project 1950 owned several kinds of ass. Diana, Dream Lover, This Magic Moment and Runaway are all songs I listen to fairly consistently, because I'll never grow tired of their awesomeness.

I hated 1950, but when I saw the band live in Toronto in 2003, Only's vocals were awesome. His stage presence was amazing. If it wasn't for one of the opening acts performing acts of self-mutilation and then jumping into the pit, it would have been the greatest show ever.

This is slightly unrelated to the discussion at hand, but has anybody heard any of the material from when Myke Hideous was the lead singer for a brief period of time? Is there any studio or live material with him at the helm floating about?