you just can't take some people seriously

I-Will-Rule-You

Okay, here's the deal.

I'm fed up of not being able to watch a film properly because of someone's fame. Like you couldn't see Jim Carrey as a serious football coach or something could you?

Well here's what got me onto the subject. Kane's new movies; See No Evil.

It looks like a nice little horror flick with kane being the new sort of Jason Voorhees figure. But there's just one problem, IT'S KANE! "I AM A... MONSTER! RAWRR!!!" Most wrestlers I can't take seriously in films. The Rock is the only one I can stand because he can act, but in the wrestling ring he doesn't really have a character, he tends to just be himself. But the thing that lets me down is when it's a fight scene and he gives someone the fucking rock bottom. For fuck sake.

Austin is another one, he's not a bad actor, but I'm used to him being the beer swilling hard-ass texas rattlesnake, not an obnoxious, racist prison guard.

Another type of entertainer I can't take seriously is comedy actors doing serious roles.

In Harry Potter: The Goblet Of Fire, Crouch Sr. is a posh twat with a 'tache, but I couldn't take him seriously because I'm used to him standing in the corner of the 'Nag's Head' saying things like "Alright Dave?!" To Rodney or something stupid...

Denzil: That's Derek Trotter in there, not bloody Einstein!

Trigger: Del knows what he's talking about. And I don't see what the Beatle's manager has got to do with it anyway.

Any former Star Trek actor.

As soon as I see them in something else I giggle.

Like, in con air, that guy.. with the fast car... that's Chief O Brien. I don't care what his name is in the movie, what his job is, he's the Chief Engineer of DS9, and he's gone back in time on some secret mission, to foil a Romulan spy who has taken over Nick Cage's life.

Or, Dude Where's My Car? that insane french guy... nope, he's not insane... well, not as we know it. It's commander Data, and his shuttlecraft strayed to close to a solar flare, and he was sent back in time and his circuits were scrambled, so he crash landed on an ostrich farm and he doesn't know who he is..

I couldn't take the guy who played Agent Smith in the Matrix seriously when he was in Lord of the Rings, simply because after every line I imagined him saying "...Mr. Anderson".

And Robin Williams. I just can't take him seriously. Not because he's rib ticklingly funny, but because his films are poor.

Edited by Brassneck

When I started watching House i couldn't take him seriously because it reminded me of his character in blackadder.But then it started to grow on me.

Anyway, i can´t stand Sigourney Weaver.I keep thinking she'll grab a machine gun or a flamethrower and start killing some aliens :D

I have to admit, I find it difficult to take either Stephen Fry or Hugh Laurie seriously in anything since their 'Mr Nippl-e' sketch.

To use another Harry Potter example; from the small glimpses we had of David Tennant during the film, I expected him to hop into the Tardis and start killing Daleks at any moment, and couldn't help but laugh.

Like, in con air, that guy.. with the fast car... that's Chief O Brien. I don't care what his name is in the movie, what his job is, he's the Chief Engineer of DS9, and he's gone back in time on some secret mission, to foil a Romulan spy who has taken over Nick Cage's life.

God damnit, I had enough trouble not calling him O'Brien when I watch that film, now he's got a backstory and everything :pinch:

I can't watch Sarah Michelle Gellar in anything, especially where she's a helpless girl. All I can think is, "Buffy wouldn't take that shit! Oh so there's a creepy ghost who has a grudge? Fuck her up!" For that matter, the only Buffy cast members I can watch in other roles are Alyson Hannigan and Seth Green because I saw them in other movies and shows before I started watching Buffy.

I can't watch Sarah Michelle Gellar in anything, especially where she's a helpless girl. All I can think is, "Buffy wouldn't take that shit! Oh so there's a creepy ghost who has a grudge? Fuck her up!" For that matter, the only Buffy cast members I can watch in other roles are Alyson Hannigan and Seth Green because I saw them in other movies and shows before I started watching Buffy.

What about James Marsters?

What about James Marsters?

He's somewhat of an exception. I love watching him in just about anything, but in the back of my mind I keep thinking about how I want them to make the Spike movie.

I have this problem with David Boreanaz. I can't watch Bones because he still looks like Angel, except with a suit on. It's crazy. Dye your hair or grow it out. On second thought, don't grow it out. Then he'll remind me of a younger Angelus. >_<

You have to love Quitstopher Ecclestone, really. "I don't wanna be typecast as "The Doctor", so I quit".

Great job. Now you're typecast as "the guy who quit Doctor Who after one series" instead, nice one!

As for people I typecast... there aren't all that many really. My imagination tends to be pretty good. Although I did have a bit of a problem with Triple H in Blade Trinity, just because he looked exactly like Triple H but with fangs (and I kept waiting for Richard Ruccollo or Nathan Fillion to show up with a pizza every time Ryan Reynolds was on screen in that film too..)

Having said that, I did keep reffering to Alex Siddig's character in Kingdom of Heaven as "Dr. Bashir", but that was only because Riddley Scott neglected to actually name him himself :P

Oh, and am I the only one who keeps seeing Chavo Guerrero every time Jayne appears in Firefly? Even though it's blatantly Adam Baldwin. (Mind you, I seem to be the only one that thinks David Tennant and Chris Barrie are clones of each other, so...)

baldwia.jpg

chavo_guerrero.jpg

davidten.jpg

barrie-chris.jpg

They look a lot more similar in my head :(

Edited by TheReilDeal27

I can't help but watch something with Dennis Haysbert (like those Allstate commercials) and think immediately of David Palmer (his character on 24)>>

That's funny- the first few times I watched 24 (before it became really big), I was thinking, "Okay, I know baseball's the national pastime, but how did Pedro Serrano get elected President?"

Of course, then it blew up, and now when I watch Major League, it's more like "Okay...so the President worships voodoo now? News to me..."