David Duchovny Set to Take Over "Hulk" Role

TMM

David Duchovny is likely to star in the next "Hulk" movie after Eric Bana pulled out of the sequel.

Peter Cuneo, vice chairman of Marvel, said the following.

"Duchovny's name has been bought up several times. He's quite the fan too."

Cuneo said that Bana pulled out once he learned that the plan is to release the sequel straight to DVD. Despite the original getting horrible reviews, Cuneo says the franchise still has life.

"Hulk did $250 million worldwide box office, which is a huge box office, and as you may recall, we had tremendous success with our toy line, which was a complete sell-out, over $100 million worldwide."

Credit: IMDB

Well, Eric Bana was fine, and personally I enjoyed the slower paced first film but I can see why people hated it. Only gripe I had with the first one was the end just screamed of Hollywood wanting a big monster fight, but other than that it was fine to me.

Duchovny would be, well, interesting to say the least. His facial expressions seem to dwindle season-by-season in X-Files til there was barely any, but ya know, Eric Bana wasn't much better.

I didn't mind Hulk, although it would only rank above 'Daredevil' in terms of comics to movies adaptations. The slow pace was ok, but it was just a little too slow. Plus the whole big finish was kind of weird.

Disappointing to see they want to go straight to DVD. That doesn't really bode well for the franchise.

Duchovny would be, well, interesting to say the least. His facial expressions seem to dwindle season-by-season in X-Files til there was barely any, but ya know, Eric Bana wasn't much better.

It didn't make sense anyways, why do a straight to video version of a movie that made 250 million dollars? They could recast it and make a second Hulk movie, hopefully one that doesn't bore the hell out of me, but thats not the point. I expect to hear that they are going to make a second one, recast and put on the big screen in the next couple years.

Thank god for that. A big screen sequal is what's needed, and yeah, it never made sense for the film to go straight to video when the first made over $250m. It mentions they should be making no casting changes, which is always pretty good unless the original actors were abysmal, which they weren't. :P

I felt that it was very misleading. If it was presented as a slow drama then I would be alright, but it was presented as an action movie. I went in expecting to sit back and watch the Hulk throw tanks at people but instaid there was almost three hours of Hulk reliving his childhood.

I felt that it was very misleading. If it was presented as a slow drama then I would be alright, but it was presented as an action movie. I went in expecting to sit back and watch the Hulk throw tanks at people but instaid there was almost three hours of Hulk reliving his childhood.

The Incredible Hulk movie has the same problem as King Kong. You go to see the Hulk to see a big green fella throwing things, and you go to see King Kong to see a giant fucking monkey. When you watch for over an hour before you see said green fella or giant fucking monkey, you start to get annoyed.

The Incredible Hulk movie has the same problem as King Kong. You go to see the Hulk to see a big green fella throwing things, and you go to see King Kong to see a giant fucking monkey. When you watch for over an hour before you see said green fella or giant fucking monkey, you start to get annoyed.

Character development is necessary, don't get me wrong, otherwise you can't empathise with them if you know nothing about them, but it's hardly the selling point. No one was saying "come and see the Incredible Hulk, it has character development!", it's "this film's got a big green bastard throwing tanks!", the people going to see will want an action film and, for the most part, that's not what they got. Yes, that's the fault of the marketing department, but it's still a fault.

Character development is necessary, don't get me wrong, otherwise you can't empathise with them if you know nothing about them, but it's hardly the selling point. No one was saying "come and see the Incredible Hulk, it has character development!", it's "this film's got a big green bastard throwing tanks!", the people going to see will want an action film and, for the most part, that's not what they got. Yes, that's the fault of the marketing department, but it's still a fault.

Edited by Pepsi

Well what about Batman Begins? He doesn't become Batman for at least 45 minutes into the movie, the rest is character devlopement, but the previews show mostly Batman flying around and fighting. I'd say he's Wayne 75% of that movie. But it was still a great movie.

I agree with the people who aren't pepsi.

Batman Begins was marketed as the first chapter of the Batman saga. all the trailers, all the previews everything showed this, they all showed his training in that monestary thing, I knew what I was getting into.

The hulk trailers showed The Hulk fucking shit up, punting babies and running over old women. When I watched the movie, I had to wait for six hours before he even yelled at someone.