Kobe Bryant Scores 81 in a Game.

Mofoticon

Awesome.

Of course, I'd be more impressed if it was against another team instead of the Raptors, but still....

Gotta say, Kobe has really been making me eat my words this season. I was mad when the Lakers kept him instead of Shaq.

God damn, I guess Kobe wants the scoring title. After a 62 point 3 quarter effort earlier this year, I guess he was determined to have another monstrous game. I still think he sucks as a teammate, but there's no denying his talent, and I fully expect LeBron to try and break 70 later this year just to keep up.

I'd be more impressed if he didn't attempt 46 shots... christ, you're bound to score 81 if you do that. Especially given how good a free throw shooter is and how well he draws fouls.

Stupid. He shot 61% from the field. If you're shooting at that clip, it doesn't matter how many shots you take. This wasn't one of AI's classic 14 for 33 for 35 points games that people seem to salivate over.

And if you'd seen the game you would know that he spent most of the first 20 minutes or so trying to get his teammates involved, they didn't do crap, the lakers went down big to the Raptors, so No 8 took over. It was an amazing accomplishment and anyone who says anything else is just being pig-headed.

Kobe is insanely good, his teamates are not. He's going to carry them if they want to go anywhere. I expect big games like this from him more often, maybe not 81 points, but at least 45+ if he wants to even sniff the postseason again.

Guest Bluesman

I'd be more impressed if he didn't attempt 46 shots... christ, you're bound to score 81 if you do that. Especially given how good a free throw shooter is and how well he draws fouls.

Stupid. He shot 61% from the field. If you're shooting at that clip, it doesn't matter how many shots you take. This wasn't one of AI's classic 14 for 33 for 35 points games that people seem to salivate over.

And if you'd seen the game you would know that he spent most of the first 20 minutes or so trying to get his teammates involved, they didn't do crap, the lakers went down big to the Raptors, so No 8 took over. It was an amazing accomplishment and anyone who says anything else is just being pig-headed.

While all 3 of those performances are impessive, I think the most impressive is MJ's 63 against the Celtics. Not only did he score 63 Points on a great Boston Team, he did it on their home court! so I think that more than anything is impressive.