Street Fighter Alpha Anthology

zero

credit: ign

Street Fighter Alpha to PS2

More frenzied fighting from Capcom.

by Jeremy Dunham

January 24, 2006 - Capcom has announced that it will be bringing its "other" Street Fighter series to the PlayStation 2 this summer. Known as Street Fighter Alpha Anthology, the brand new compilation pack collects Street Fighter Alpha, Alpha 2, Alpha 2 Gold, and Alpha 3 together in a single set. To sweeten the pot even further, the company has also included the PlayStation / Saturn hit Pocket Fighter under its more formal name -- Super Gem Fighter Mini Mix.

All five games in the collection will share the same three gameplay options: Arcade, Versus, and Survival, and it has been confirmed that the titles involved will all be direct arcade ports.

Check back for additional details as they become available.

This is some of the best news I've heard in quite some time. To me, the Alpha games were the high point of the series, especially part 3. I cannot wait for this to hit stores, summer is too far away!

2D doesn't sell outside of nifty retro packages, now if they made a new 2D Street Fighter and sold it with a bunch of old ones, then that might work. And a 3D SF is simply out of the question because it would suck large quantities of cock.

I never liked the Alpha games. Why can't they spend all this time and effort on making a good Street Fighter game for the 360 or something? I'm bored with all this retro bullshit. I WANT NEW AND SHINY, DAMMUT. >_<

If it's any consolation I heard there putting Street Fighter II on that Xbox Live Arcade thingy.

I never liked the Alpha games. Why can't they spend all this time and effort on making a good Street Fighter game for the 360 or something? I'm bored with all this retro bullshit. I WANT NEW AND SHINY, DAMMUT. >_<

If it's any consolation I heard there putting Street Fighter II on that Xbox Live Arcade thingy.