Souness Sacked

Well, I guess this is good news but rockbox is right about the timing.

The best thing would have been to offload him during Autumn and get a new manager in with time to offload and buy the players he wished.

Now, we have to wait until August and probably Eriksson will be brought in if we're going with the recent trend of English - Scottish - Foreign in new managers.

I had a really weird dream today (I slept in) and it was about Kevin Keegan coming out of retirement to manage Newcastle. Or maybe it was about the past. I have no idea, but I woke up to check Sky Sports News, and it hadn't happened, and I felt disappointed, then really, really stupid.

:(

Ive said it for ages, his methods & style are out dated, he isnt a good manager anymore.

Shearer has said he doesnt want it just yet hasnt he? I think that he may be given the assistant managers job to break him into coaching first, not head first into it (a la Paul Merson)

Personally i'd see how Roeder does with the job. People seem to forget he does have some top flight managerial experience. He has to get his badges and shit though. It depends if he actually wants the job too.

I hope we don't get into the same trap we were in after we sacked Bobby. We had nobody to take over so panicking Shepherd hired the first guy who would take the job. Nobody wanted Souness when he was signed. We had 1 PROBLEM when Bobby was here, and that was Kieron Dyer didn't want to play on the right wing. Now everything's up shit creak. And Kieron Dyer isn't even playing at all, let alone not on the right wing. Don't get me started on the Boumsong, Aaron Hughes, Bernard, Babayaro situation. FUCK IT....here goes. 7 FUCKING MILLION!! He's FUCKING FAT! If we wanted him so badly why not sign him on a free the season before instead of signing the piece of shit for 100 times more than he's worth. And who did he replace? Aaron Hughes. THIS WAS OUR WORST SALE! Aaron Hughes whilst not being anything overly spectacular was an experienced premiership defender all across the board. Right back, centre back, hell I think I remember him playing left back on occasion. He was a capable Premiership defender. Plus he was one of those guys that never lost his heart. One of Newcastle's problems was that towards the end of games we'd die, especially if losing. Hughes wouldn't give up, especially when playing on the right he'd launch runs, he'd take people on. He'd be one of the few people actually working. His departure saddened me the most. Now the left backs. The fans loved Bernard. 1...he had the scariest eyes in football. 2...he was actually a good footballer. Babayaro is the drizzling shits. Bernard had some problems with defending sometimes, but when he got forward he looked really threatening, Babayaro just looks piss poor everywhere. Bernard is younger and better. Thus he should have stayed. Hell he wanted to stay. Souness was just having none of it.

Now that finishes my rant...almost. Kevin Keegan would be great to have back, purely for nostalgia. The last time I felt Newcastle really had the chance to win something was under Keegan's control. Granted there was a few years back when we were 3rd in the Premiership and reached the semi-final of the UEFA Cup, but I never felt as though we'd win any of them (Though I felt we'd make the final of the UEFA Cup however...turns out we got shat on...actually we shat on the pitch, in one of Newcastle's famous shitty displays).

I reckon it was a little stupid to sack him after the transfer deadline, but if the cash isn't there then I guess it doesn't matter. Morale at Tyneside must be at an all time low? Souness has been given chance after chance, but he did bring in Owen, Luque, Emre and Parker. Sure his training schedules may be out-dated which causes injuries but I think people piss on the guy far too much. He brought Blackburn back into the Premiership, he can bring in good players, it's the circumstances other than that which affect the club and his handling of it.

I'd prefer Roeder to stay in his old position at the Academy, training and controlling the youth side and recommending players that the manager should try out. He recommended Taylor (If I remember rightly), Ramage and O'Brien (Who's looking very promising) and if he can continue that trend then he should stay down there.