The Guitar Hero Thread

apsham

Rocket Queen woulda been awesome.

I'm not sure what to do, the 80s one comes out for PS2, and the true 3rd one comes out for the 360. I only have mone for one of them (since I'd have to get two different controllers)

If it wasn't for Dio, it'd be an easy decision.

I'm usually not one for suggestions in games like GH, but c'mon..."Sick Sick Sick" by QotSA would just be...fantastic. I defy anyone to not play that song on a guitar (GH or otherwise) and not just want to jump or thrash around violently.

If it's one thing GH could use a healthy dose of, it's those driving riffs. Yes, I realize that "Who Was Sleeping In My Room Last Night", et al. have that style...but this is one thing where the more, the merrier.

4 new tracks announced for GH3 by IGN.

Suck My Kiss by Red Hot Chili Peppers

La Grange by ZZ Top

Number of the Beast by Iron Maiden

Through the Fire and the Flames by Dragonforce

Out of the four tracks listed, IGN says that 'La Grange' is the only one that is not a master track.

Man... All these Iron Maiden songs in these games, and never a song I really like. Why not Aces High, or 2 Minutes to Midnight, or Rime of the Ancient Mariner, or The Pilgrim, or New Frontier, or Run to the Hills, or Out of the Silent Planet, or Can I Play With Madness, or The Flight of Icarus? I'm hoping Rock Band does a 'download a whole album' thing with Powerslave.

And I'm incredibly excited about Suck My Kiss. I love that song.

Guys on ScoreHero who got to test the game have said that on Expert mode with the Dragonforce track they couldn't get past 1-3%. Holy damn.

Man... All these Iron Maiden songs in these games, and never a song I really like. Why not Aces High, or 2 Minutes to Midnight, or Rime of the Ancient Mariner, or The Pilgrim, or New Frontier, or Run to the Hills, or Out of the Silent Planet, or Can I Play With Madness, or The Flight of Icarus? I'm hoping Rock Band does a 'download a whole album' thing with Powerslave.

And I'm incredibly excited about Suck My Kiss. I love that song.

Picked up Rocks the 80s today with trade-ins and credit notes. I'm a bit undecided. On one hand, the tracklist is pretty much great, there's some really good stuff, like Synchronicity II by The Police, and both Flock of Seagulls' I Ran and the Warrior by Scandal are great fun to play, and having a lot of master recordings in definitely makes a difference. Then again, £30 is a lot to pay for essentially a GHII expansion pack, although it actually does the opposite of a traditional pack - there are fewer tracks (and the Limozeen one shouldn't be in there, given that it's not really 80s, and so many other songs would fit in better) and characters (6 or 7 if I remember rightly, and only the Ripper is unlockable), no alternate costumes (admittedly the 80s styled ones are pretty good), no new guitars or finishes, and no bonus songs. The venues and everything look virtually the same, just with a neon glow and bright colours replacing darker colours. The menus are identical, again, just coloured differently. No new modes and no Stonehenge. I'd probably be really pissed off if I'd actually have had to save and pay the full amount.

But still, I wanted new songs to play and I got them.