The Guitar Hero Thread

apsham

Guest Grapehead

If "One" turns out to be a master track, that will more than pay for the cost of the game for me... I doubt I'll play much of any other song haha... maybe a little "3's and 7's"

According to USA Today, Brett Michaels will be in the game, singing the Poison track, and a track from The Brett Michaels Band(Which I presume will be a bonus song.)

I guess this is cool, in that the idea of having a singer of a song in the game is cool, but Brett Michaels? Of all the potential real-life singers they could've put in the game- Eddie Vedder, Mike D, Bruce Dickenson, Alice Cooper, Anthony Kedis, Ozzy Osbourn, James Hetfield, the dude from AFI, the best they could do is Brett fucking Michaels? Come on, Neversoft, you can do better than that.

And fuck Neversoft for getting rid of Pandora and 'melding' her features with Judy Nails. They got rid of one of my favorite characters, and made another favorite character look ugly.

As long as Eddie Knox is still in it I'm not going to complain. He's the only one I play as in GHII anyway.

EDIT: ... he's... he's not on the wikipedia page. I. What.

The reason for Clive's removal is that the developers feel Xavier Stone replaces Clive as the 70's rocker

~ wiki

... but. But he's a pastiche of sixties rock. How could they not figure that out?

No seriously I'm okay

Edited by GoGo Yubari

Okay, I finally played this game for the first time ever at my friend's house, and I gotta admit, I love it. It was fun playing two player, doing a duet thing or whatever. I found doing a duet one better than battles actually, because if one person is doing bad, it'll make yours sound shitty too, and that sucks. I know it sounds dumb for most, but I found the controller more fun than the guitar! Really! Flipping the triggers were more enjoyable then the guitar. Either way, I plan on buying it, and I wish I actually discovered it sooner.

Yeah, it sucks they got rid of Clive, too. As GoGo said, he's not a 70s character, he's a 60's British character. And I'm kinda glad they got rid of Eddie, I never liked him. Though I am pissed that they got rid of 2 characters everyone loves(Pandora and Clive), yet kept the skanky southern-rock chick.

So: I randomly picked up a Guitar Hero game today for the first time in many months (choosing Guitar Hero 1 because hearing Ace of Spades was what had prompted me to do so in the first place). After playing that song through briefly, I went Career and 5-starred two random tracks on Hard that I never had done before. On my first try and all. Yay.

Unfortunately one of those tracks was Unsung, so now my right arm has fallen off. :shifty:

What's that? The sound of someone barging into a games topic to champion a less well known alternative? Why it must be our native German troll!

Anywhoo, whilst i'm here i'll try to steer my post into topical waters. I saw that GHII on 360 will have a My Chemical Romace download. Now 500 points is pricey and I don't have the game yet but i'd be severely tempted when I do. <_>

Edited by TheEllisComplex