The Guitar Hero Thread

apsham

What's that? The sound of someone barging into a games topic to champion a less well known alternative? Why it must be our native German troll!

Anywhoo, whilst i'm here i'll try to steer my post into topical waters. I saw that GHII on 360 will have a My Chemical Romace download. Now 500 points is pricey and I don't have the game yet but i'd be severely tempted when I do. <_<

Edited by Michael Matzat on a Plane

Oh come on, why don't you try growing up a bit? You do this every damn time, you invade these topics making out like these games pale in insignificance to whatever cheaper option you've found and you end up sounding like a petulant child. All a couple of people have said is that they've tried FoF and they didn't like it but no, it can't be as simple as that. They're all big corporate whores who are out to shutdown all the games you like just because they don't cost a lot.

So: I randomly picked up a Guitar Hero game today for the first time in many months (choosing Guitar Hero 1 because hearing Ace of Spades was what had prompted me to do so in the first place). After playing that song through briefly, I went Career and 5-starred two random tracks on Hard that I never had done before. On my first try and all. Yay.

Unfortunately one of those tracks was Unsung, so now my right arm has fallen off. :shifty:

Edited by Dragsy 7-0

Guest jaythefisherman

Frets is good if you don't have any of the GH games though, and there are loads of songpacks. The ones I've got are mostly songs from the first two, and everything's decent (with the horrible exception of YYZ, there's something seriously wrong with that). It's not that pricy for the amount of gameplay you get from it, but if you don't have any of the required consoles it's a decent substitute.

Confirmed by Gamespot.com:

"Minus Celsius" by Backyard Babies

"Hier Kommt Alex" by Die Toten Hosen

"In the Belly of a Shark" by Gallows

"I'm in the Band" by The Hellacopters

"Avalancha" by Heroes Del Silencio

"Take This Life" by In Flames

"Ruby" by Kaiser Chiefs

"Closer" by Lacuna Coil

"Generation Rock" by Revolverheld

"Mauvais Garcon" by NAAST

"Radio Song" by Superbus

TAKE THIS F*CKING LIFE! HELL YES!

• 2 weeks later...

According to Gametab.com. Tom Morrello will be a boss character in GH3. More importantly, they've announced that his associated song will be motherfuckin' Bulls on Parade!

BULLS ON PARADE!!!!!! FUCKING AWESOME!!! And not only Tom Morello, but the god himself... SLASH!!!

The game needs more Exies though, and Shinedown :D

Edited by TheModernWay

So, rumoured song list here. I don't know if that reveals anything new or whether it's just that it's listing them in order you'll play in game so i'll hold my own personal comments on that.

Second, I checked out the achivements for this and I really like them. I like it when achivements have some fun ones mixed in, this game even has a dud achivement by the looks of things too. Highlight has to be to beat Through The Fire And The Flames on expert, only 15 points though? Bastards.

Finally, dunno if this has been covered before, sorry if it has but any ideas on the compatibility over this, GHII and possibly Rock Band? I want to pick up GHII as I never had it on PS2 and it'd be nice to have another controller for the 360 but with me wanting the wireless one for 3 as well and if RB needs it's own then i'm gonna be out of pocket. <_>

Ooh, actually, one more thing. In terms of co-op achivements, this is online right? I'd rather try for them with someone on here who is fairly competent than anyone I know (they suck).

Edited by TheEllisComplex

.... ahahahaha oh man are they seriously putting "My Name is Jonas" in the fourth tier? That song is so repetitive from a guitar standpoint.

Edited by GoGo Yubari

I have serious doubts as to the validity of this list. First of all, why don't the last few tiers have co-op specific songs? And why is one of the 'bonus tracks'(the stone roses song) a wavegroup cover(according to wikipedia)? And why are songs by Sonic Youth and the Dead Kennedys in the main setlist, but songs by Lacuna Coil, Killswitch Engage, and Rise Against in the bonus songs?

The whole thing just seems shady to me, is all.