The Guitar Hero Thread

apsham

.... ahahahaha oh man are they seriously putting "My Name is Jonas" in the fourth tier? That song is so repetitive from a guitar standpoint.

May be Hard instead of Expert, but it looks like it could be a solid finger-bender aside from the verse. I could see it as one of the opening songs in the later tiers, but I don't see it as a terrible challenge. If anything, I see it as a good opportunity to help your fingers be more nimble, ala the "Sweet Child of Mine" opening riff.

Btw, that page also features a link to Tenacious D's "The Metal", which just looks absolutely b.a. It's this version's "Trogdor" in terms of comedic badass-ness.

I'm almost to the point of showing leg in order to obtain a 360, GH2 and GH3.

The tiers somewhat suck and are inaccurate. I mean, on GH2, I found most of the first level ones (Woman especially) harder than those in higher tiers.

Hell, i can probably play Freebird better (save for the one bit of the solo).

http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/news/articl...t_id=1003644379

Fans already salivating for next month's release of the videogame "Guitar Hero III" will be treated to an Interscope CD featuring music from the game and a special code unlocking new or remixed songs from Marilyn Manson, AFI and Flyleaf.

Due Oct. 30, two days after "Guitar Hero III" hits stores, the CD includes in-game songs such as Sonic Youth's "Kool Thing," AFI's "Miss Murder" and Queens Of The Stone Age's "3's & 7's."

Via a code that will come with the disc, Xbox Live users can unlock the bonus playable songs "Carcinogen Crush" from AFI, "Tina" from Flyleaf and a remix of Manson's "Putting Holes in Happiness" by the Yeah Yeah Yeahs' Nick Zinner. The AFI song is expected to appear on an EP of new material in December.

Some YouTube craziness. Hopefully none of them mention WWE. Yes, I know some have already been posted, but this here post can serve as a slight reference point for such things.

Boss Battle against Slash

GnR's "Welcome To The Jungle"

As an extra tidbit, the Sex Pistols' "Anarchy In The UK" will be re-recorded by the band for GH3. Check Billboard and about 50 billion other news sites for the actual story.

As an extra tidbit, the Sex Pistols' "Anarchy In The UK" will be re-recorded by the band for GH3.

.... ahahahaha that is fantastic.

I have to admit I will probably never use Battle Mode when I don't absolutely have to, though. I just want to fucking play the songs with/against other people without having to worry about items like it's Tetris DS or something.

I have to admit I will probably never use Battle Mode when I don't absolutely have to, though. I just want to fucking play the songs with/against other people without having to worry about items like it's Tetris DS or something.

The more I think about it, the more akin to Chess/Puzzle Kombat it becomes. I'd rather just rawk out with someone over XBox Live (which, I STG, I'm going to do. I'm to the Bob Saget-in-Half Baked point of trying to get a 360.)

Via a code that will come with the disc, Xbox Live users can unlock the bonus playable songs "Carcinogen Crush" from AFI, "Tina" from Flyleaf and a remix of Manson's "Putting Holes in Happiness" by the Yeah Yeah Yeahs' Nick Zinner. The AFI song is expected to appear on an EP of new material in December.

Translation: Screw you PS2 owners.

Time to join the next-gen. I've been hearing a lot of complaints about stuff like this lately. C'mon, technology has advanced and the PS2 keeps getting supported despite new consoles being out for two years now. Sometimes you gotta let go and move forward - if developers kept holding back to not "screw" PS2 owners, then we'd be getting the same games we have been for the last decade. Online play, downloadable content, leaderboards, etc are all standards of the next-gen. Developers should be embracing that - PS2 owners should be thankful that GH3 is even coming to the console while Rock Band is next-gen exclusive.

I saw the GNR 'Welcome The Jungle' and Living Colour 'Cult Of Personality' trailer vids on the other page.

With the Welcome To The Jungle vid, the song and lyric voice sounds spot on, just a shame they showed a video of two mongos who look like they don't know what they're doing playing it.

As for Cult of Personality, the music is great likeness, but the voice seems a little off, but liveable. Shame it was spoiled by all those noise effects and shit. :angry: Cult Of Personality is an awesome song.

I saw the GNR 'Welcome The Jungle' and Living Colour 'Cult Of Personality' trailer vids on the other page.

With the Welcome To The Jungle vid, the song and lyric voice sounds spot on, just a shame they showed a video of two mongos who look like they don't know what they're doing playing it.

As for Cult of Personality, the music is great likeness, but the voice seems a little off, but liveable. Shame it was spoiled by all those noise effects and shit. :angry: Cult Of Personality is an awesome song.

As confirmed by Gamespot.com:

Original songs:

"Same Old Song and Dance" by Aerosmith

"Helicopter" by Bloc Party

"Stricken" by Disturbed

"Monsters" by Matchbook Romance

"Before I Forget" by Slipknot

"Kool Thing" by Sonic Youth

"When You Were Young" by the Killers

Rerecorded songs:

"Devil Went Down to Georgia" as made famous by Charlie Daniels Band

"Sunshine of Your Love" as made famous by Cream