The Guitar Hero Thread

apsham

Tried 3 songs on the demo on hard, none were really that fun too play. The guitar sounds too soft, IMO, plus the score display is horrible.

EDIT: The Priestess song was pretty decent. The Metal is so-so, but I can't really see myself playing the other 3 songs again once I've 5-starred them.

Edited by Gongsun Zan

Man, there's a huge jump in difficulty between Tier 6 and 7. My hand nearly fell off after the QotSA song, and trying to do the Slipknot one after that didn't exactly help much.

EDIT: And I 5 starred the encore. Talk about a schizophrenic difficulty curve.

Edited by Gongsun Zan

I'm quite excited for this, I reserved it at Gamestop since I thought they were releasing it at midnight. I guess they're not, so fuck that. I'm going to go to Walmart tomorrow at midnight, since it's a 24 hour one, and hope to snatch one. If that happens, I'll get my money back from Gamestop.

I actually quite like the wide variety of songs just on the demo, reminds me of the first Guitar Hero in terms of variety. Anyone want to battle or do some co-op once I get it and go through the songs for a bit?

Noticed a couple of songs on the leaked setlist from a few weeks ago that are missing from the game (unless they're unlockable in ways other than buying them from the store or career mode). Namely "Suck My Kiss" by Red Hot Chili Peppers which I was really looking forward to playing. "Sabotage" by Beastie Boys is also missing.

EDIT: Never mind, found out you unlock them in coop career mode.

Edited by PH4E

Musical complexity and sheer speed do not make for an easy song to play. Apparently Dragonforce themselves have trouble replicating some of their songs on stage, so don't feel too bad about getting pwned by Through the Fire and Flames, Zan/Krauser.

Man... the new Les Paul controller is really throwing me off. The body is bigger, the neck is thinner, the buttons and strum bar have a different consistency, it's longer, and I mean, I'll get used to it, but it's annoying the hell out of me for right now. The stickers that came with it, especially the ones they gave out at launch, are actually pretty cool. 'Specially the evil looking bunny.

I wish you could play the boss battle songs in single player, like, just one player playing both sections. The Tom Morello song was awesome.

Just a note, if you want the wireless guitar model for PS2/X360 then Wal-Mart is probably not your best bet. A lot of reports of Wal-Marts in US and Canada selling GH3 bundles with the old model SGs and X-Plorer guitars. The bundle is $10 cheaper though so if you don't care about that and want to save money then... yeah. The Wal-Mart near me only had old style bundles for 360 and PS2, but the new style for the rest of the systems. If you do go to Wal-Mart and want the Kramer just make sure that is what you are getting, they are not tricking you or anything as it shows on the front the old guitar

I am picking up a copy with the wireless guitar later today or tomorrow

Edited by Corizzle