The Guitar Hero Thread

apsham

Bah, I've reached an impasse. I'm going for the "Buy A Guitar Already" achievement, since I can't use a guitar, but can't finish "Raining Blood", or "One". My brother could finish them for me, but using a guitar.

Should I give up, and let him finish it for me, or keep trying, knowing I can't move fast enough to finish... ever?

Alternatively, I've been considering enlisting some help. But it would be quite cramped with 4 or 5 people on the single controller...

Edited by Kryptonite3d

You can easily cheat your way to that achievement, if you're into that kind of thing. Beat the hard/expert career, then the next time you start the game up, use the controller, then when you go into the career you've beaten, you'll get the achievement. It's the the best way to get that achievement if you're not above exploiting bugs.

I honestly have no idea what to do on Raining Blood. I get 35-38% through and continuously fail on Mosh 1. I've practiced on slowest, slower, and slow repeatedly and still can't get a rhythm for shit once I go into full speed. Any of you GH experts have any other tidbits of advice?

Join me in my whining about that song.

Played it at work yesterday so bought it today - yay three days early.

£74.99 though! Lucky I get my 25% discount and had games to trade in towards it - therefore £10 for GH3. Lovely.

Still, the tracklist is very hit and miss. LOVED the Tom Morello boss battle - would love that to be playable out of battle.

Also a big fan of Weezer's "My name is Jonas", Muse, Beastie Boys, "Paint It Black" and Cream!

£75?! Jesus christ. Bloody rip off merchants. How do you sleep at night? :shifty:

Just waiting on mine to be dispatched. I bought online but went with somewhere i'm not familiar with because it was much cheaper. Seems to be shipping at most places but mine is stuck in pre-order. Hmmph.

Can you not check the PS3 network thing for the boss battles? I assumed they would be downloadble for PS3 as well since they came out for 360.

Edited by TheEllisComplex

Well, you don't have to. I know there is a battery availible in Red Octane's US store. I think it's like $30 for the charger and 2 batteries or $20 for just one. Dunno if they're coming out over here mind. Anyway, you have reminded me. I need to go find our battery charger and some rechargable double A's.

Bah, I've reached an impasse. I'm going for the "Buy A Guitar Already" achievement, since I can't use a guitar, but can't finish "Raining Blood", or "One". My brother could finish them for me, but using a guitar.

Should I give up, and let him finish it for me, or keep trying, knowing I can't move fast enough to finish... ever?

Alternatively, I've been considering enlisting some help. But it would be quite cramped with 4 or 5 people on the single controller...

Contacted the site i'm ordering from since it's still in pre-release status and the actual items have disspeared from the shop part of the site so that got me a little worried. They hit me back and said they should be going into dispatch tommorow with an overnight courier to make sure they're here on Friday. Coolio.

http://www.xbox360fanboy.com/2007/11/21/gh...-tomorrow-free/

freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Update: No GH3 for me since the cheap place for £55 declined the card for no apparent reason and I can't reorder it so :thumbsdown:. Everywhere else is like £65 which is meh.

Edited by TheEllisComplex

Watching a Youtube video of Cult of Personality - I'm fairly sure it was Expert because of the nastiness of the solo, but it could be Hard - it struck me that there seems to be more three-fret chords this time around. Can anyone confirm this?

Watching a Youtube video of Cult of Personality - I'm fairly sure it was Expert because of the nastiness of the solo, but it could be Hard - it struck me that there seems to be more three-fret chords this time around. Can anyone confirm this?

Tons more. Some songs on expert are essentially all three note chords.

Also, don't know if this has been mentioned but the Halo Theme (as performed by the original artists and Steve Vai) was released as free DLC today. :blush:

I mentioned it yesterday and linked to a story about it cointaining a video of it in action.