The Guitar Hero Thread

apsham

Wait what. There's a character creator?!

Yep, and it's surprisingly deep. Not much in terms of body type (you're either tall/thin, tall/muscular, short/thin, or short/fat), but there's a ridiculous amount of clothes, hairstyles, and a very detailed tattoo/face paint creator.

I hate how they released a DLC Dropkick Murphys song for GHII and not III. :(

And for those that care, more GHIII DLC songs are coming this month.

Warner/Reprise Track Pack - December 2007 release (exact date unknown)[10]

* No More Sorrow - Linkin Park

* Sleeping Giant - Mastodon

* Pretty Handsome Awkward - The Used

So Payaso by Extremoduro - December 2007 release (exact date unknown)[10]

* So Payaso - Extremoduro

Antisocial by Trust - December 2007 release (exact date unknown)[10]

* Antisocial - Trust

Ernten Was Wir Säen by Die Fantastischen Vier - December 2007 release (exact date unknown)[10]

* Ernten Was Wir Säen - Die Fantastischen Vier

We Three Kings by Steve Ouimette (free) - December 2007 release (exact date unknown)[10]

* We Three Kings - Steve Ouimette

Edited by Fitzy

And is it just me, or is Raining Blood and The Number of the Beast damned near impossible to beat on hard? I was lucky enough to just nearly beat Knights of Cydonia, but these two songs are a pain in the ass. I've already beat One, that was easy, Cliffs of Dover wasn't too bad. I'm not looking forward to the battle with Lou either. I played and beat it on medium... I can just imagine what it's going to be like on hard.

ramped up the difficulty so that Medium is Hard, Hard is Expert and Expert is Fuck You.

This is pretty much the most accurate review of the game to date.

And what the fuck are they releasing DLC for Guitar Hero 2 for? That's something that would have been nice in the six month period when people were waiting for GH3.

Got this today and the spike in difficulty when you reach Stage 7 is amazing. And this was just on medium. I shudder to think what hard is like. Getting a 200 note streak in Dragonforce was awesome though but it was quickly replaced by plinky plonky noises for 20 seconds.

Alreet, consider this the equivalent of a Let's Play on GHIII. It's obviously impossible to do a Let's Play on it properly and not have it be ridiculously failsome, but I will track my progress.

Step 1: Create band. Since Neversoft ignored the humble full stop, E.B.E. have been forcibly retired and will make way Audioslave-style for Syzygy, headed up b-oh what the fuck did you do to Judy? Does she even look a tiny bit like she used to? Fuck you Neversoft and your unwillingly boob-jobbed women. Lars looks at least respectable, but he needs a better guitar, the Xplorer looks like a toy in his hands. But good sweet Jesus, what the fuck is that? It's all colourful, fuck off. I'm riding with X.

Step 2: Choose guitar. Not much of a choice, Les Paul all the fucking way.

Step 3: Play show. Let's see, Easy mode, Backyard Bash at...22 Arcadia Avenue? Fuckers should at least have done it properly. Setlist looks cooler than before, start out small with Slow Ride.

Step 4: Get three achievements on Slow Ride alone. When did they change the second streak achievement from 500 to 250 notes? And a better question, why give them generic names when there are a plethora of great guitarists out there to choose from? Make the first one the Kurt Cobain Award (with an accompanying shotgun firing graphic on the pick), then go from there to Nigel Tufnel (250 notes...>_>), then Alex Lifeson (500 notes) and end up at Herman Li (1000 notes). Hell, while you're doing that stick in one for bass players as well.

Step 5: With Bret Michaels riding shotgun, flub the last note on Talk Dirty To Me. I forgot how fucking dull Easy mode is.

Step 6: And dull it is, but at least I'm out of the backyard and jerking the curtain at Mitch's...Moose Lounge. Mitch's Moose Lounge.

Edited by De