The Guitar Hero Thread

apsham

Because Offspring own you :P

"When you see crowd surfing going on in the new Offspring video, you know the fad is over." - Billy Corgan

I like the Offspring and all, they're a fun little band that are pretty much just pop rock anymore. Smash was a good record, but they haven't really done anything that good since. Plus, I don't think they're really known for being a badass guitar shredding band, I don't get where they'd fit in on Guitar Hero. Unless of course they used Come Out and Play or Smash It Up... then by all means, Offspring on GH2!

Because Offspring own you :P

"When you see crowd surfing going on in the new Offspring video, you know the fad is over." - Billy Corgan

I like the Offspring and all, they're a fun little band that are pretty much just pop rock anymore. Smash was a good record, but they haven't really done anything that good since. Plus, I don't think they're really known for being a badass guitar shredding band, I don't get where they'd fit in on Guitar Hero. Unless of course they used Come Out and Play or Smash It Up... then by all means, Offspring on GH2!

The fucking Reverend Horton Heat in Guitar Hero 2? That's fucking awesome, it make me buy the game or anything but that is a fabolous addition. They picked a great song from him as well, psychobilly freakout is a fucking intense song. Fuck Offspring when you've got the Reverend Horton Heat.

I'm currently trying to ***** everything on Medium before I work myself up to Hard. As expected, my love-hate relationship with QOTSA's No One Knows takes another turn for the frustrating as I repeatedly add 10,000 points onto my prior best score four times in a row (now at around 140,000), but still remain stuck on four stars. ¬_¬

Why is it that muting the TV and then synching up the game with the very same track played through your stereo is somehow cooler than simply playing with the music from the game as normal? :shifty:

Edited by stokeriño

Why is it that muting the TV and then synching up the game with the very same track played through your stereo is somehow cooler than simply playing with the music from the game as normal? :shifty:

Because you can't hear the *ting!* *ting!* *plink!* of you mauling the song with your inability? ^_^

Not to mention you get the actual vocals. Makes it a world more fun when you're playing "No One Knows" or "Stellar".

It was, in fact, No One Knows that I was playing (though on Easy, just for the fun of it).

Because you can't hear the *ting!* *ting!* *plink!* of you mauling the song with your inability? ^_^

*shakes fist* ¬_¬

http://louhi.kempele.fi/~skyostil/uv/fretsonfire/

Anyone heard of Frets on Fire? It's basically a GH game PC, using your keyboard in place of the guitar.

I can't actually PLAY it, because my Windows PC died yesterday and I have nowhere near enough RAM on my linux PC :( But I thought I'd mention it anyway.

Blabbermouth.net has posted the following song list concerning the sequel.

ANTHRAX - "Madhouse"

MÖTLEY CRÜE - "Shout At The Devil"

GUNS N' ROSES - "Sweet Child O' Mine"

STONE TEMPLE PILOTS - "Trippin' On A Hole In A Paper Heart"

BLACK SABBATH - "War Pigs"

KISS - "Strutter"

RUSH - "YYZ"

VAN HALEN - "You Really Got Me"

LAMB OF GOD - "Laid To Rest"

AVENGED SEVENFOLD - "Beast And The Harlot"

ALICE IN CHAINS - "Them Bones"

NIRVANA - "Heart Shaped Box"

THE POLICE - "Message In A Bottle"

THE PRETENDERS - "Tattooed Love Boys"

CHEAP TRICK - "Surrender"

SPINAL TAP - "Tonight I'm Going to Rock You Tonight"

HEART - "Crazy On You"

ALLMAN BROTHERS BAND - "Jessica"

DICK DALE - "Misirlou"

THE ROLLING STONES - "Can't You Hear Me Knocking"

PRIMUS - "John The Fisherman"

LYNYRD SKYNYRD - "Freebird"

REVEREND HORTON HEAT - "Psychobilly Freakout"

DRIST - "Arterial Black"

EVERY TIME I DIE - "The New Black"

BUTTHOLE SURFERS - "Who The Hell Was In My Room Last Night"

Is that list legit? I'd be pretty happy if that was it, Sweet Child of Mine and Heart Shaped box look fun.

I know that Sweet Child is confirmed. Blabbermouth did not post a source for the news, but Lamb of God and Nirvana (amongst others) had been heavily rumored, so we'll likely get more concrete confirmation or denial by Tuesday at the latest.