The Guitar Hero Thread

apsham

Dethklok in Guitar Hero II?!

OMFGOMFGOMFGOMFGOMFGOMFGOMFGOMFGOMFGOMFGOMFGOMFGOMFGOMFGOMFGOMFGOMFGOMFGOMFGOMOMFGOMFGOMFGOMFGOMFGOMFGFGOMFGOMFGOMFGOMFGOMFGOMFGOMFGOMFGOMFGOMFGOMFGOMFGOMFGOMFGOMFGOMFGOMFGOMFGOMFGOMFGOMFGOMFGOMFGOMFGOMFGOMFGOMFGOMFGOMFGOMFGOMFGOMFGOMFGOMFGOMFGOMFGOMFGOMFGOMFGOMFGOMFGOMFGOMFGOMFGOMFGOMFGOMFGOMFGOMFGOMFGOMFGOMFGOMFGOMFGOMFGOMFGOMFGOMFGOMFGOMFGOMFGOMFGOMFGOMFGOMFGOMFGOMFGOMFGOMFGOMFGOMFGOMFGOMFGOMFGOMFGOMFGOMFGOMFGOMFGOMFGOMFGOMFGOMFGOMFGOMFGOMFGOMFGOMFGOMFGOMFGOMFGOMFGOMFGOMFGOMFGOMFGOMFGOMFGOMFGOMFGOMFGOMFGOMFGOMFGOMFGOMFGOMFGOMFGOMFGOMFGOMFGOMFGOMFG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111111111111111111111111111SHIFT+1

::HEAD EXPLODES, BRAINS AND BLOOD SPRAYING EVERYWHERE, ALL TO THE TUNE OF THUNDERHORSE!::

....[/caps]

I am just... so. fucking. excited. I'm... I'm gonna go masturbate to this news.

Awesome to have Dethklok, even if it's totally the wrong song (I've been wanting to play the opening theme, 30 seconds long though it may be, on Guitar Hero for a long time now). I mean, really now. That's brutal right there.

Yes, it will and they will range from one to five dollars a download or so I read in my new GI.... just another reason to buy a 360 as soon as possible...

Heh. Now that I think about it, I'm going to be buying Guitar Hero 2 twice... crap... I really don't have that kind of money nor will I ever.

Well, at least Dead Rising will make it all worthwhile.... I mean, what's cooler than killing zombies? Answer: NOTHING!

...am I just rambling now?... Yeah. I'm rambling.

Edited by The Z-Man

I was poking around gamespot and found this list of all the bonus songs. Apparently an EB worker or something got his hands on a copy of the game and used a camera to take footage of the full list of bonus songs. So here they are folks.

Artist--Song

The Acro-brats--Laughtrack

All That Remains--Six

The Amazing Royal Crowns--Mr. Fix-It

Anarchy Club--Collide

Bang Camaro--Push Push (Lady Lightning)

Breaking Wheel (formerly known as Artillery)--One For The Road

Brian Kahanek--Gemini

Buckethead--Jordan

Count Zero--Radium Eyes

Dethklok--Thunder Horse

Drist--Arterial Black

Every Time I Die--The New Black

Freezepop--Less Talk More Rokk

Honest Bob and the Factory-to-Dealer Incentives--Soy Bomb

The Last Vegas--Raw Dog

Made in Mexico--Yes We Can

Megasus--Red Lottery

The Neighborhoods--Parasite

Shadows Fall--The Light That Blinds

Strong Bad (of Homestar Runner)--Trogdor

That Handsome Devil--Elephant Bones

Vagiant--FTK

Valient Thorr--Fall of Pangea

Voivod--X-Stream

Nothing really jumps out at me save for the Homestar Runner song, lol. If only they had The Cheat's theme instead.

Damn. I thought Tenacious D was supposed to be in the bonus tracks.

Also, could you give us a link to the video?

Also also, I found this video of "Monkey Wrench" by Foo Fighters on co-op, which confirms a green-orange fret.

Edited by The Z-Man

Guitar Hero II b-sides revealed

Bonus songs caught on camera by retail store employee; two dozen songs add to game's already extensive list.

By Staff, GameSpot

Posted Oct 25, 2006 5:59 pm PT

The uncovering of songs in a game's soundtrack is hardly newsworthy--unless it's for an installment of Guitar Hero. The rock-god simulator from RedOctane and Activision is getting a new incarnation on the PlayStation 2 early next month and the Xbox 360 next year.

Guitar Hero II is already chock-full of rockin' tunes from big-name bands like Danzig, Wolfmother, Van Halen, Rage Against the Machine, and more, but it appears a heap of cultish bands will also be included in the game.

On the Guitar Hero forums, a camera-happy retail employee snapped some pictures of all the songs available for purchase in the in-game store. While there aren't any bands that have mainstream success in the lot, there are several bands that have a devoted following.

The most eyebrow-raising inclusion is the theme song of Trogdor the Burninator--better known as a character from the popular Web comic Homestar Runner. Also on the list is Dethklok (from Adult Swim's Metalocalypse) and Buckethead--best known as the guitar god who plays with an empty bucket of fried chicken on his head.

Artist--Song

The Acro-brats--Laughtrack

All That Remains--Six

The Amazing Royal Crowns--Mr. Fix-It

Anarchy Club--Collide

Bang Camaro--Push Push (Lady Lightning)

Breaking Wheel (formerly known as Artillery)--One For The Road

Brian Kahanek--Gemini

Buckethead--Jordan

Count Zero--Radium Eyes

Dethklok--Thunder Horse

Drist--Arterial Black

Every Time I Die--The New Black

Freezepop--Less Talk More Rokk

Honest Bob and the Factory-to-Dealer Incentives--Soy Bomb

The Last Vegas--Raw Dog

Made in Mexico--Yes We Can

Megasus--Red Lottery

The Neighborhoods--Parasite

Shadows Fall--The Light That Blinds

Strong Bad (of Homestar Runner)--Trogdor

That Handsome Devil--Elephant Bones

Vagiant--FTK

Valient Thorr--Fall of Pangea

Voivod--X-Stream

Source: http://www.gamespot.com/news/6160514.html

(Figured I'd post the article to add truth to Miami Vice's post.)

There were also pictures showing the bonus songs and how much they costed, probably taken from the video. Personally I'm excited for the entire soundtrack list and the bonus songs, nice to see As I Lay Dying and Shadows Fall in there to represent metal. I just listened to most of the songs and I'm really excited for this game now, has a great soundtrack.