Most Obnoxious Bands

tristy

Well, while we're quizzing each other on worst/favorite cover songs and the like, I thought I'd drop this little thread down. What band (or just a single member) are the most obnoxious? Like in interviews, they're always putting down other bands and whatnot? Or when a band thinks they're God's gift to music.

The one that comes to mind right now is Stuart Braithwaite of Mogwai. I love the band with all my heart, but him ripping into Coldplay and praising the Arctic Monkeys right after that is just some serious bullshit. He seems like your typical anti-everything mainstream lead singer guy, you know? He praised the Arctic Monkeys for not attending some awards show in England and instead playing shows... that were funded and set up by the award show. Then said some shit about Coldplay (that I agree with :shifty:).

I've also heard Trent Reznor is obnoxious, but then I heard he's really nice. I'm thinking he might have been a real asshole around The Downward Spiral/The Fragile eras, but now he just seems really nice and everything.

Anyways, what about you?

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From what I understand, Reznor was a total control freak (which could certainly be seen as being an asshole) in the 90s and has since calmed down quite a bit since cleaning himself up.

All the guys in the Killers are fucking assholes. Flowers acts like a diva, and the rest are just flat-out cock smoking pricks. It infuriates me to read Brandon Flowers hates Kanye West for being so arrogant when he's one of the biggest douchetards I've ever met. They're the kind of people that you wish you could dropkick while wearing ice skates.

Unwritten Law are incredibly obnoxious, they're not total assholes, but they're annoying as fuck.

Yellowcard have the most over-inflated opinion of themselves I've ever seen from a band that isn't the slightest bit important to the industry.

Doug Robb from Hoobastank has proven in the last couple of days that he's a shit-eating pussy.

And anyone I know that has ever met Sully from Godsmack says he is a huge prick.

I like him, but Billy Corgan seems like a prick, and a control freak from what people say.

The lead singer of the Vines seems like he has a huge ego (for what they are), and is just a cock.

Ian Watkins just seems like he has a huge ego, it's a pain in the arse to me.

Bono. Seriously, if you listen to the guy, it's almost as though U2 is responsible for ending several small wars and bringing thousands of starving children back from the dead. I've actually refused to listen to U2 since he started his whole 'Holy crapweasels are we the greatest thing ever or are we the greatest thing ever SINCE JESUS?'

Bono. Seriously, if you listen to the guy, it's almost as though U2 is responsible for ending several small wars and bringing thousands of starving children back from the dead. I've actually refused to listen to U2 since he started his whole 'Holy crapweasels are we the greatest thing ever or are we the greatest thing ever SINCE JESUS?'

My main problem with people whinging about U2 is that at the end of the day, he is a celebrity using his celebrity for a good cause,yet people stillrag on him? Why? Surely it'd be a bad thing if he was a celebrity who didn't give a crap about anything and was egotistical for the sake of doing it, but he actually tries to do something with his own status, which is commendable in my eyes.

My main problem with people whinging about U2 is that at the end of the day, he is a celebrity using his celebrity for a good cause,yet people stillrag on him? Why? Surely it'd be a bad thing if he was a celebrity who didn't give a crap about anything and was egotistical for the sake of doing it, but he actually tries to do something with his own status, which is commendable in my eyes.

The Kaiser Chiefs. I LOVE watching award shows when they don't win. Like for instance, the Brits a few weeks ago. They won a couple, then were nominated for a third award, and lost. They all sat there like someone just told them they had sex with a puppy.

Unbelievable arrogant twats, another example of believing their own hype.

The Arcade Fire. They think that just because they sold a few records and won a few awards that they are the shit. I've seen a couple interviews with them and they are all fucking pricks. They even bashed Alexisonfire because they both have the word "fire" in their names. Alexisonfire was formed well before The Arcade Fire was. Assholes.

The Gallaghers are not only the biggest cunts in the music industry, but the biggest cunts in the world all together. They're funny bastards tho, I love listening to them bash every new band .. it's particularly funny when they bash great bands like the Bloc Party, after the shit they released last year.

Thank FUCK that people have mentioned The Killers. Brandon Flowers is such an obnoxious little cunt, I can't stand him. He talks like he's making the most original and sensational music of the millenium, when his band's releasing second-rate derivative shite, and even had the gall to compare himself to, and claim to be better than, Brian Wilson? What a fucking wanker.

James Blunt. Goes without fucking saying.

Bono...I'm undecided. I've pretty much created a parody image of Bono in my head, so whenever I see him, regardless of what he's actually saying, it comes out how I want it to sound. That said, his acceptance speech when U2 were inducted into the UK Music Hall Of Fame was fucking hilarious. He was clearly steaming, barely able to stand up, by the looks of things, and rambled about how great he was for a good six or seven minutes before acknowledging the fact that there were other people in U2. Fucking marvellous.

Billy Corgan seems a bit of a wanker as well, although I like the music.

I'd probably want to punch Sebastian Bach in the kidneys if I met him in real life.

Edited by Skumfrog

Trent Reznor is one I'd agree, although my dislike of his music and the way his fans hail him as a genius might play into that. Then again, on the Pantera Vol. 3 home video he's drunk with a member of Pantera and seems kind of cool, but somewhat pretentious at the same time.

A lot of the dudes in the River City Rebels are self centered assholes. I've actually had the misfortune of briefly meeting them and I was less than impressed with their attitudes. They've even played shitty shows just out some pretentious spite. Their music isn't really good enough for them to be acting like dicks as it is.