CAKE

Benji

About two weeks ago I discovered the joy of CAKE after seeing a couple of people having listened to them. So, since then, they've become my 'new favourite band', I adore. So now I want to share the love with other people. Who all here has heard of CAKE? If not, do so yesterday, if not sooner.

Also, Jolene > Most Songs Ever

I dunno....everyone these days is suddenly into Cake....I assumed I'd missed something...like a memo maybe?

I only really noticed ROC and... I want to say Kou? Basically ROC was raving about them, most people I've spoken to don't have a clue who they are. I have to say, I keep comparing them to the Counting Crows in terms of sound, but for some reason that seems to fit and not.

Yeah, not on this forum per se, but I've suddenly heard of them from a few sources, all at once. It was just weird, thats all :P

I'm gonna check them out eventually...was gonna buy one of thier CD's a couple of months back but had no money.

The only song I like of Cake's is Satan is my Motor, and that's more or less a comedy song. I've heard a couple other ones, but they just weren't all that good. Go ahead and recommend some of their songs, but I doubt I'll like them.

I heard of Cake a few years ago and I never noticed them being an "it" band or anything lately.

Cake was an IT band like 5 years ago. People are just getting back into them now, but I've been a fan for a while. Their latest album isn't great, but there are 3 or 4 good songs.

Sheep Go To Heaven, Goats Go To Hell > *

Cake was an IT band like 5 years ago. People are just getting back into them now.

Thus confirming my point to some extent. I'm not saying they weren't an "it" band in the past, but they have suddenly had a larger interest recently as well, whether its people getting back into them or them being another "buzz" band to check out.

EDIT: Plus you have to remember that things tend to work differently between the US and the UK when it comes to music. If a band is big in the US, or has a big cult following, doesn't mean it'll have that same following in the UK at the same time.

Edited by HGwannabe

Isn't cake that drug that affects the Shatners Bassoon area of your brain?

Keith is clearly the man in the know.

Cake is certainly a major danger in this world, but not as worrying as the elephant who has shoved her trunk up her anus :crying:

Listen to Paul Daniels! The elephant is dying!

Isn't cake that drug that affects the Shatners Bassoon area of your brain?

Keith is clearly the man in the know.

Cake is certainly a major danger in this world, but not as worrying as the elephant who has shoved her trunk up her anus :crying:

Listen to Paul Daniels! The elephant is dying!