Godfather: The Game

FLiam

I might pick it up but I also want to pick up Commandos Strike Force and Halo for the PC - as well as an adapter so I can use my PS2 controller.

Someone from school went from loving it to not thinking about buying it because the frames per seconds were too slow for his liking. Seriously - how sad.

I've never experienced slow down in car crashes with the PS2. That's weird.

As for my take on the game, I love it. It's got the GTA style where you don't have to continuously do the missions. You got an open ended 1940's-1950's New York (and piece of New Jersey) to play with and have a lot of fun side things to do.

Great game, nothing really bad to say about it, although I kinda wish they had gotten Al Pacino to do Micheal's voice. It just didnt seem right to me.

It doesn't help that Pacino didn't want to be in the game in any form.

I rented it and essentially beat it. The story goes by ridiculously quickly. I didn't track down all the extras (like all extortions or finding all film reels) but I got everything I could want out of it.

I still can't decide if I like it. On one hand it was good, but then it was also rather meh. It brought nothing really new to the table. The city was drab and uninteresting, and extremely confusing at times. Upon completing it I still didn't exactly grasp all the little icons they throw at you and a fair bit of the game is trial and error.

The game is essentially just a bunch of "Kill _____ now" or "Drive here now" missions. With little variety. Extorting gets bland, rackets are nothing, and all other extras comprise of taking over warehouses or hubs, or tracking down hidden things. Neither of which interest me. You can also blaze through the missions quickly if you want.

It's a good start but has nothing at all on Grand Theft Auto. If it does well, I'm very interested in seeing where The Godfather Part II will take the game (it's bound to happen).

EDIT:

Great game, nothing really bad to say about it, although I kinda wish they had gotten Al Pacino to do Micheal's voice. It just didnt seem right to me.

Edited by Vilge Duin

EDIT:

It all comes down to Pacino always thinking making the third movie and trying to redeem Michael was a mistake. He has said countless times (along with Copola and Puzo) that The Godfather should have been left alone. That's why none of them wanted part of something like this.

But he has given his likeness and is doing voicework for the upcoming Scarface game so all is good (he's said that he always thought Scarface could have a sequel... I personally don't know how, but whatever).

Umm, who exactly are you talking about there? Copola couldn't do much with the game and Puzo died in 99. Pacino is the only one you can truly say had a real say in not wanting to put his likeness in the game.

http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/action/thegodf...tml?sid=6121958

Read.

I said nothing about being in the game. I was talking about the whole thing and game's are in develop for extended periods of time ya know, so people can express feelings on things well before they pass away. Coppola was perhaps the number one reason for The Godfather existing.

http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/action/thegodf...tml?sid=6121958

Read.

I said nothing about being in the game. I was talking about the whole thing and game's are in develop for extended periods of time ya know, so people can express feelings on things well before they pass away. Coppola was perhaps the number one reason for The Godfather existing.

Got what you meant, now. Wasn't clear before. (Y)

However, you saying Puzo would've thought the same way is just an opinion.

Edited by LivingLegend The Ringmaster

Guest JT179

The video game website I work for is supposed to send me a copy of this to review (which I get to keep HA!) so here in the next few weeks i'll be able to give my opinions on this game. Everything i've heard and read though makes me think it is gonna be REALLY good.

It's not that short if you choose to do the other missions. My main complain is the fact that driving is tedious between areas. So instead of spending money on upgrades for my guns, I use it to buy safehouses so I don't have to drive as much to go to a mission and to save, etc.