English football fans, help me!

Guest Mr. Potato Head

Don't jump on the anti-'bandwagon jumpers' bandwagon. Nothing's stopping you choosing a top side like Arsenal, Utd, Liverpool, Darlo >_>

Go with Soccer AM's tried and tested method. They get all American guests to simply pick a team from any of the 4 leagues out of a hat. Orson (that band...) now happily follow Rotherham because of it.

Guest muddatrucker

Seriously, I could wake up tomorrow and someone could say start supporting the Chicago Bulls but if I watched them and didn't enjoy them, then why should I support them?

Basically unless its your hometown/family team etc, you're going to pick a team because you like them, watch the football then find a favourite, any other system is shite.

How can you decide to take up an interest too?

mudda speaks sense.

Premiership football is available to watch in most countries now so if you can check out some recent stuff from Premiership teams (starting with Robbie Keane's goals against Blackburn and West Brom!) then it will help you decide on the team you want to watch.

For example, though my father's always been a Chelsea fan, he didn't force them on me.

We used to get a live match on BBC1 on Sunday and after watching for a while I started to really root for Tottenham, which was the team I started supporting because of that.

Loved the players, loved the white and blue kit, and the yellow kit.

Loved the fact they were from London, just an hour away from where I lived in Kent by train.

My decision was made.

Just go with the one that interests you and that you enjoy like many have said. I'm a Bradford City supporter but I'll usually support a team in the Premiership, which at the moment is Arsenal because I love the way they play football.

It's like American Football, I support the Green Bay Packers, mainly because of Favre, but I like the team as a whole and will continue to support them even when Favre hangs his boots up.

Look into the history of a few clubs that interest you and see which immdiately grab you and go from there.

For example, though my father's always been a Chelsea fan, he didn't force them on me.

We used to get a live match on BBC1 on Sunday and after watching for a while I started to really root for Tottenham, which was the team I started supporting because of that.

• 3 weeks later...

As has already been said, you cant have a team suggested, When I first started watching NRL, for some reason, I got behind Cronulla Sharks, at that point, they had Matt Rogers & Andrew Ettinghausen. (Now im more NQC).

I'm guessing you'll end up supporting Wigan Atheletic, no-one hates them and everyone wants them to do well.

As has already been said, you cant have a team suggested, When I first started watching NRL, for some reason, I got behind Cronulla Sharks, at that point, they had Matt Rogers & Andrew Ettinghausen. (Now im more NQC).

I'm guessing you'll end up supporting Wigan Atheletic, no-one hates them and everyone wants them to do well.