Major League Baseball

Toe

• Replies 462
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You expected anything LESS? Yanks fans are pricks in general, no matter what part of the country they are from.

I find that to be a rather idiotic statement. Do you tour the US go looking for Yankee fans and speak to them? And you are a Red Sox fan, so of course your opinion on fans are going to be skewed. But to just say all their fans are pricks no matter where they live is just an idiotic statement.

I spend two thirds of the year living in New York. Enough said. Like 80% of the Yankees fans are total assholes about it, the other 20 aren't nearly as bad.

"None of the dry cleaners were open, they were all at the game, Japan and Korea," - Roger Clemens.

I know it's not my room to get up and preach, but I lost a ton of respect for Clemens.

"None of the dry cleaners were open, they were all at the game, Japan and Korea," - Roger Clemens.

I know it's not my room to get up and preach, but I lost a ton of respect for Clemens.

I agree.

I don't think the guy a few posts up was answered, Burnett is 49-50 career. The talk seems he isn't worth $55 million, but the Blue Jays had to spend the money, and they needed a good pitcher, and Burnett was the top of the market this year.

The game was excellent. Alex Rios showed he can hit a home run, if he hits 20 throughout the year I think the organization will be happy. Sucks for Eric Hinske, who by all accounts had a decent spring. In my opinion, if you are keeping four of the five outfielders, Hinske is the one to trade. Catanalotto (sp) was hot at the end of last year and I feel either he or Johnson could be good PH's. I dunno.

The Tigers are now 2-0 after hammering the Royals. It's only the Royals, but it's nice to see the Tigers come out of the gates with a couple of wins. I think the pitching staff could be solid this year, especially if this is Bonderman's year to breakout. He's on the cusp of being a great pitcher, and has a bit more seasoning than he did last year. Kenny Rogers should turn out to be a solid signing, and will hopefully add some stability to the starting unit.

The hitting again has a lot of potential, but that's all we are looking at. Pudge will be solid (almost hit for the cycle today, but needed a triple), Carlos Guillen can hopefully return to his all-star form, and Chris Shelton looks like he might just be the slugger we've been waiting for since Fryman/Tettleton/Fielder departed. The wild card here is Magglio Ordonez, if the guy can return to form then he will vastly improve our line up.

Of course, knowing the Tigers recent history, I'll probably lose interest by the middle of summer due to their inept ways. I'm hoping they can atleast make a push or contend for something this year, ANYTHING.

Well we got whacked around last night, but the Jays outwaited Carlos Silva and beat up on him in the 6th for 4 runs. Chacin did well to get through 6 and 2/3 innings considering how little work he had in Spring Training, and again, the new guys are really contributing. This game Jason Phillips came up big with a single in the sixth, and Overbay also had a big hit. Great way to wrap up the series, and also a great way to rebound from their big loss last night.

Stick a fork in the Dodgers, they are done. I know it is only 3 games into the season but with the way the injury bug is hitting this team I am going to be nothing but frustrated this entire baseball season. With a DL that consists four former All-Stars (Eric Gagne, Nomar Garciaparra, Kenny Lofton, and Cesar Izturis) and a former starter in the outfield (Jayson Werth) the pickins are slim and I just don't see it getting any better. Hopefully Baez can replace Gagne admirably but who knows, he could be the All-Star he was in Tampa or the Home Run Derby-ish pitcher he was that got him shipped out of Cleveland.

Did any of you guys catch the Mets game last night? Hot damn Pedro was all over the place. For a second there it looked like Guillen was gonna nail him with the bat... This is going to make things really fuckin interesting next week when we go to Washington for three games. Bannister, Pedro and Sanchez hit six batters in those two games so I can only imagine that Washington is going to do a little bit of headhunting next week. If one of our big guys like Delgado, Wright or even Pedro get nailed I'm going to be pissed. But at least I might get to see that big fucking gorilla Delgado throwing some Nationals around. That might make it worth it.

If the Jays are going to have to get 6 or 7 innings out of their starters to win games, there's going to be a problem. Jays came out hot, Downs gave up 3 over 5 and the relievers gave it away. I've never particularly been a fan of Vinnie Chulk but last year he put up decent numbers. This year's he's been bad in two consecutive appearances and I'm not sure why they didn't go to someone more capable after Downs to stop the D-Rays' momentum. Bottom line: if you get 8 runs, you should be able to beat anyone, much less the Devil Rays.

Stick a fork in the Dodgers, they are done. I know it is only 3 games into the season but with the way the injury bug is hitting this team I am going to be nothing but frustrated this entire baseball season. With a DL that consists four former All-Stars (Eric Gagne, Nomar Garciaparra, Kenny Lofton, and Cesar Izturis) and a former starter in the outfield (Jayson Werth) the pickins are slim and I just don't see it getting any better. Hopefully Baez can replace Gagne admirably but who knows, he could be the All-Star he was in Tampa or the Home Run Derby-ish pitcher he was that got him shipped out of Cleveland.

I just finished up watching the Diamondbacks fall to 2-2 on the year...not a bad start.

The Brewers are a very popular team to pick this year, and it is very warranted. Their pitching staff is definetly top notch, and Dave Bush was amazing. (I always thought high of him, but he was always overshawdowed by Halladay) Turnbow is the new beast closer of this decade, and the young infield will be something to reckon with for years to come.

The D-Backs played hard, but Russ Ortiz just sucks too bad to keep the runs down...

Brewers (4-0) def. D-Backs (2-2) 3 to 1

W - Bush (1-0)

L - Ortiz (0-1)

S - Turnbow (1)

This is the time since 1987 since the Brewers have started the year 4-0 (They continued the undefeated streak until 13-0)

In a refreshing change, the Blue Jays bullpen saved Ted Lilly's ass after he was driven from the game in 2 and a third innings. Of course the Jays putting up 8 runs is a big help, and Gregg "All Heart" Zaun hitting the game winning homerun helps too. This is a team that's gonna put up big runs this year: whether that makes them competitive is another issue but they're definitely going to be fun to watch.

Guest The Legend

The Mets are on top of the NL East and the Yankees are tied for last of the AL East. Even if there's only been 5 games or so, that's something that makes me happy. Lets go Mets 2006!

I can't believe its almost 2 weeks into the season and my two favorite teams, the Reds and Cubs, haven't been eliminated from the playoffs yet! :blink:

With Roger Clemens apparently finally retiring, and not being able to turn on most sports shows without the subject of the Barry Bonds steroid scandal coming up within the first ten minutes (first five, if its a baseball show), I'm just not excited about the season right now.

Edited by GhostMachine

The hits just keep on coming. Jays take their 3rd straight with a 13-7 win over the White Sox. The win was made possible by the team's red hot bats but *gasp* helped by Vinnie Chulk and Pete Walker's sharp relief work. Vernon Wells' hot start continues with a home run and a base hit to bring his hit streak to 10 games.