Major League Baseball

Toe

• Replies 462
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anything that scores a run that ends the game at that point is a 'walk-off'. You can have walk off singles/doubles/triples/home runs. Hell, you can even have walk off sacrifices, HBP, and walks.

Oh, and in recent news, Boston is done, Los Mets are done, and the Dodgers are the best team in baseball.

The Yankees say "hello".

...You don't know how painful it was to type those above four words. But seriously, can anyone here see anybody beating the Yankees in October given the current situation of everything?

Guest Bosstown Boy

2007?

Coco Crisp, CF

Kevin Youkilis, 1B

David Ortiz, DH

Manny Ramirez, LF

Wily Mo Pena, RF

Mike Lowell, 3B

Jason Varitek, C

Dustin Pedroia, 2B

Alex Gonzalez, SS

Dream 2007?

Coco Crisp, CF

Mark Loretta, 2B

David Ortiz, DH

Manny Ramirez, LF

Todd Helton, 1B

Wily Mo Pena, RF

Kevin Youkilis, 3B

Jason Varitek, C

Alex Gonzalez, SS

... or?

Coco Crisp, CF

Kevin Youkilis, 1B

David Ortiz, DH

Manny Ramirez, LF

Alfonso Soriano, 2B

Wily Mo Pena, RF

Mike Lowell, 3B

Jason Varitek, C

Alex Gonzalez, SS

... or, ultimately beyond dreaming lineup.

Coco Crisp, CF

Kevin Youkilis, 1B

David Ortiz, DH

Manny Ramirez, LF

Miguel Tejada, SS

Wily Mo Pena, RF

Mike Lowell, 3B

Jason Varitek, C

Dustin Pedroia, 2B

How about a rotation?

Schilling, Beckett, Wakefield, Lester, Clement

... or?

Schilling, Beckett, Papelbon, Wakefield, Lester, and Hansen as our closer?

Schilling, Schmidt, Beckett, Wakefield, Lester?

Screw the Indians. <_< They start to play really good baseball and it far to late for it to make any differance. C.C. turned in another CG, which I believe was his 5th of the season, C.C. gets overlooked quite a bit IMO he already has his 79th win and he is just 26 years old which I have heard a stat that it is tops among any active pitcher under 27. He has had a couple problems with injuries but nothing major to speak of. A guy that would probably be the AL MVP front runner if the indians were at the top of the division like they should be, is Travis Hafner. He hit #40 tonight and is high in most of the batting categories that I can think of, I just wish it would mean something this year. I just hope cheap Dolan doesnt get cheaper and not sign guys like C.C., Hafner, and Sizemore.

Yeah. It was only his 13th career start. And the first no-hitter since Randy Johnson's perfect game against the Braves back in May 2004 when he played for the Diamondbacks.

Kinda funny; the Diamondbacks are involved in the last 2 no-hitters in the majors.

Anibal Sanchez and Cla Meredith are just two examples of how the Red Sox need to really take a closer look at their minor league pitching prospects before making deals for players Josh "Home Run Machine" Beckett and Doug "Interstate" Mirabelli while giving up pitchers that turned out to be pretty decent.

As everybody knows, yesterday Sanchez no-hit the D-Backs. He was the secondary part of the Beckett/Lowell trade where Hanley Ramirez was the big gem in the crown. Sanchez was no slouch but wasn't projected to the Majors by Sox standards until 07-08. And it's not like he was 1-8 with a 12.23 ERA coming into his no-hitter he is now 7-2 with a 2.89 ERA and is a major player in bringing the Fish back into the Wild Card hunt.

In the case of Cla Meredith, a throw-in in the Bard for Mirabelli back-up catcher bonanza, he is in the midst of a 29 inning scoreless streak, a Padres team record. After a couple bad outings in the minors this year he was viewed as a lost cause and trade bait to make the money a near even swap in the deal. Not even mentioning Bard who is near doubling Mirabelli's batting average and can surely throw out more runners than Javy Lopez is beside the point. Meredith has a 5-1 record and a 0.75 ERA.

Granted both of these youngsters were traded to the National League which is the considerably weaker league, they would've made much better options than Jason Johnson, Rudy Seanez, Kason Gabbard, David Pauley, Kyle Snyder, and the biggest hype bum in the Red Sox farm system Craig Hansen.

The only one that stood a chance now has cancer, Jon Lester. You hate to see that happen to anybody but especially to a rookie who was destined to be a staple in the rotation for years to come. And also they ran Papelbon into the ground, this kid has Mariano potential but he needs to grow into it.

Edited by jonnycomelately

• 3 weeks later...

The Tigers clinched a playoff berth today, their first post season appearance since 1987. As a 22-year old, a good Tigers season in my lifetime has been "hopefully they'll win 85 games." Today was win 94. I love the Pistons and Red Wings, but THIS is what I have been waiting for. Now, they just need to take care of biz against Toronto and KC and lock up the divison and the #1 seed in the AL. Justin Verlander = AL ROY. Jim Leyland = AL Manager of the Year.

The Houston fucking Astros, after being down 8.5 games back on September 20th, are now only .5 games back 8 days later. If the Astros complete this amazing comeback, I don't see who can stop them in the playoffs..

Yeah they're the best shot to win the NL. But I don't see anyone in the AL being able to be beaten in the World Series... besides maybe Minnesota given the Liriano injury.

Jays can do no worse than a tie for 2nd in the East this year. Thanks in small part to Baltimore and Tampa grabbing a few from Boston this week. Way to break up the divisional hegemony boys. :P