You are a fanboy for.....?

Liam

Everyone goes through liking different bands/artists/musicians, but which are you a true fanboy of? Which bands/artists/musicians do you tend to love whatever the weather?

I guess the closest I have to being a fanboy for someone is probably Mike Patton. From Faith No More to Fantomas to Mr Bungle to Lovage, there isn't a project of work I haven't enjoyed him working on.

Tool would probably be a close second, but I'm nowhere near as bad as some Tool fanboys get.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

CKY. They have been my #1 favorite since roughly 2001 and there has never been a time when I haven't felt like listening to one of there CDs. I own all of there stuff, and will always replan my schedule to fit around going to see them.

Count me in the Mike Patton camp as well. Everything he does is gold.

I vary a lot with my musical tastes, but I think I'll always be a "fanboy" of Patton, Tom Waits, Jeff Buckley, Voltaire, The Lucksmiths, The Smiths and The Cure, to some extent or another. They all have a lot of the things I look for in music (experimentalism, to a degree, dark themes, intelligent lyrics, etc.), while all being very listenable too. There's more to it than that, but I can't put it into words. I can't think of any other bands or artists that I'd happily listen to no matter what my mood or current tastes were.

I love everything of Springsteen, Bob Dylan, Led Zeppelin and Pink Floyd.

Matthew Good. I've liked everything he's ever done, from the History Teacher days, Bon Tempo, the MGB, his solo stuff, the acousticy folky stuff he's doing now, and even his political commentaries get reads and props from SDM.

Reuben, Million Dead, The Pixies, Rage Against the Machine and The Wedding Present for me, those five bands can do no wrong in my eyes, and I'll always be a huge fan. They're the kind of bands that I could see myself handing down to my children in 30 years time and saying "listen to this."