You are a fanboy for.....?

Liam

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Meshuggah and Marduk, they could start playing polka tomorrow and I'd still love them to Hell and back.

I'd listen to it.

If you couldn't tell that when I Entered this thread I was going to say Chris Cornell, you aren't allowed to ever speak to me again. Oh the shame.

For me it's; Chris Cornell...

These are part of the correct answer. Cornell's solo work and Soundgarden's catalogue have done wonders for me, so I'll always be interested in whatever may happen in those camps.

Guns N' Roses - I can listen to them regardless of what mood I'm in or what my tastes are like at the time.

The Darkness - I know a load of people hate them, but I just think they have fun songs that I always enjoy listening to.

Marilyn Manson (of "studio work" I'm missing 3 remixes... and it really pisses me off...)

Wednesday 13 (solo, Murderdolls or FDQ... though his music is slightly harder for me to find... at least where i live...)

Dave Grohl

Edited by Styk

The White Stripes

The second I heard Fell In Love With A Girl, I was in love. I can honestly say I have never heard a bad song by the band. Heck, even there new Coke Cola commercial is pretty damn amazing. People slag Meg's drumming, but I love her drumming. It proves you can do a fine job with a simple beat, that you don't need to be an overrated drummer in order to be good at what you do. Jack White is great at writing lyrics (ie, Take Take Take, The Nurse, Hotel Yorba) and his voice suits whatever style the band is playing. The notion of simplicity and of only using three instruments is great. Jack White is also a fine guitar player.

Refused/The (International) Noise Conspiracy

Add one charismatic lead singer, ground breaking hardcore music or garage rock for the dance floor, along with Marxist leanings and I am there. Doesn't hurt that I met the lead singer.

The White Stripes

The second I heard Fell In Love With A Girl, I was in love. I can honestly say I have never heard a bad song by the band. Heck, even there new Coke Cola commercial is pretty damn amazing. People slag Meg's drumming, but I love her drumming. It proves you can do a fine job with a simple beat, that you don't need to be an overrated drummer in order to be good at what you do. Jack White is great at writing lyrics (ie, Take Take Take, The Nurse, Hotel Yorba) and his voice suits whatever style the band is playing. The notion of simplicity and of only using three instruments is great. Jack White is also a fine guitar player.

Amen to that. The White Stripes aren't a band I'd go so far as to say I'm a "fanboy" for, but they're a band with a place in my heart, and a large one at that. Jack White is, in my opinion, one of the best frontmen of the last decade, and as a band they manage to combine Detroit blues and Detroit punk, not necessarily always better than, but more consistently than other bands of their ilk, as well as the obvious country influences. Not to mention that they cover both Son House and Leadbelly, which is an instant winner in my book. I can put up with people slagging them for Meg's drumming, as it is poor, but it does work, and that's what matters. What irritates me, though, is people who slag them for not having a bassist, as I'm sure if the majority of those people heard them and knew nothing about them, they wouldn't be able to tell. It's just that they break the mould of the traditional band, and for whatever reason, that seems to anger people.

Guest Heresy

I guess I'm a fanboy for Oasis. I seem to connect with their music somehow over anything else I listen to. The moment I first heard 'Supersonic' set it off for me.