Lost vs 24

Lost vs 24  

71 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you prefer?

• Lost
    • Neither

24. I just can't really get into Lost. I watched the first 6 or so episodes i nthe first season and thought, "This is boring as shit" and stopped watching. I know I'll probably get bitched at for having a "Short attention span" (Which I don't to be honest) I just found horrendously boring, and everything seemed drawn out far more than it needed to be.

Lost by far. I like 24, but i've never been really into it. It's just a nice show to watch for me. If I were to miss a week (which I wouldn't, DVR is awesome), I would not care.

24 by a country mile.

I liked Lost before it got all weird, and was just about the survivors of a plane crash on a deserted island. I can't be arsed with a beast and "The Others" and Locke learning to walk again.

And I've loved 24 from I first saw it, so you know.

I've never had the chance to watch a full episode of either all the way through, but I voted for 24, because Lost doesn't have a videogame for me to play >_>

I like what I've heard of both shows, and I'm interested in the whole mystery of the Lost thing despite myself, but 24 seems more accessible to me. Lost seems one of those shows where there's so much going on that you can't afford to miss too many episodes, whereas 24 has lots of people getting shot.

I've never had the chance to watch a full episode of either all the way through, but I voted for 24, because Lost doesn't have a videogame for me to play >_>

I like what I've heard of both shows, and I'm interested in the whole mystery of the Lost thing despite myself, but 24 seems more accessible to me. Lost seems one of those shows where there's so much going on that you can't afford to miss too many episodes, whereas 24 has lots of people getting shot.

I'd say it's probably the other way around. There's usually so much that happens in an hour of 24 that if you missed two in a row, whilst you'd have the general idea, you probably wouldn't know what the hell was going on.

Oh. Like I said, I'm just going on what I'd heard from people, and it sounded as if 24 was simpler in nature than Lost. Or maybe it's just the simpletons who shout 'BAUER' a lot that confused me >_>

24 easily.

As the least the plot is somewhere near the realm of reality...

Guest muddatrucker

I liked 24, I have the first series on DVD, but after watching a couple I stopped (mainly due to time issues) and I'm still yet to pick it up either way.

I think LOST is completely boring each episode, but somehow an hour of not much happening still manages to draw me in.

I think Lost has the more intriguing all around story, but sometimes it makes me want to scream with how long they wait to get to the next piece of it.

On the other hand 24 moves fast and is generally kicking ass on all cylinders all of the time. And Jack Bauer is a TV icon to be sure.

My vote? I cant vote. They are both my favorites for different reasons.

I liked Lost before it got all weird, and was just about the survivors of a plane crash on a deserted island. I can't be arsed with a beast and "The Others" and Locke learning to walk again.

So you liked the first half of like the first episode then?

Guest muddatrucker

I can kind of agree with that point, when I first saw it advertised I was just expecting a really good drama about the survival of a plane crash and when I heard the noises from the jungle I sighed since I hate all that kind of sc-fi stuff, but I kept watching and I just want answers.

I think Lost has the more intriguing all around story, but sometimes it makes me want to scream with how long they wait to get to the next piece of it.

On the other hand 24 moves fast and is generally kicking ass on all cylinders all of the time. And Jack Bauer is a TV icon to be sure.

My vote? I cant vote. They are both my favorites for different reasons.

So you liked the first half of like the first episode then?

I voted neither. When me and Bigal ran our 24 diary, I'd never seen an episode of 24 before... but I liked the concept and he was such a fanatic it was easy to go on what he told me. Evidently that didn't work out, but I watched half an episode of 24 sometime in that period... and I hated it. I found it incredibly boring.

Then I missed the entire first series of Lost, and just as it finishes everybody is all OMG LOST ROCKS IT OWNS SO MUCH. So I went on Channel 4 last night and watched the first episode of the Second Series (either that or the second episode, I'm not paying 99p for the other epidoes)... and well, ditto. I didn't like it.

Lost.

It was something new, and while 24 does include some new original and griping storylines, its been done before, several times.

Lost is on the border line of realism with the exception of the killer smoke plume and really does push the bounderies of drama and horror rolled into one. Whereas 24 leaves me pleased with the episode, much like a RAW, i can easily get up from my chair and shrug it off. Lost on the otherhand i have to peel myself from my sofa to avoid me from watching the tape recording. It leaves me guessing all week and the whole Lost Experience thats going on right now is pure genius.