FA Cup Final

AJ

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope Reina isn't another goalkeeper like David James, who goes from the ridiculous to the sublime in one match. He spills the ball from a nothing shot for their second, but then pulls off one of the saves of the season in the last minute.

Personally, it was a shame that West Ham didn't win it, as I think they just about deserved it. Though their 3 goals had a bit of luck to them, Liverpool barely looked threatening at 3-2, and got a slice of luck (well, pure skill) from Gerrard to even take it to extra-time. Add in Reina's saves both in normal and extra time, and West Ham can count themselves unlucky, definitely.

Them putting Harewood back on even though he could barely run I found pretty funny, as was strapping up Cisse's leg when he had cramp...what the hell was that about?

I don't think it was cramp, I think he'd actually injured himself.

And there was more than a bit of luck to their goals >_>

John Motson confirmed that the Liverpool physio said Cisse had cramp. And you know... Footballers with their melodrama...

As someone stated, the Liverpool physio had said that Cisse had cramp to someone on the touchline for BBC.

Also, though West Ham got lucky with thier goals, I'd argue that the 1st goal was the result of a great move as much as anything.

Not to mention the fact that it was a sloppy ball from Alonso in the first place that gave it way.

But credit to West Ham though, at least they actually went for it instead of dumping 10 men behind the ball. Best final of modern times, shame it had to end on penalties.

Carragher's finish was class, he managed to do some kind of step over while putting in the back of the net, he could easily have put that wide so yeah - was a good finish in the end.

Whose that Gerrard fella when we have Carragher's finishing?

Also, though West Ham got lucky with thier goals, I'd argue that the 1st goal was the result of a great move as much as anything.

That and a lucky knock off of Carragher's trailing leg.

Well, yeah, but the ball to Benayoun (I think it was him) was class, and the ball was inviting either an attacker to get to it or a defender to get a touch on it, and the latter happened.

Carragher didn't have to go for it, but he did.