Transfer Talk

Steeb

• Admin

Liverpool have had a £2 million bid for Lucas Neill rejected, but look to be coming back with an improved offer.

If (or more likely, when) we sell Neill, Sparky is looking at Danny Mills as cover for the right-back role (though I've been impressed by Emerton there so far this year).

• Replies 672
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Ringy Bangs Dennis' Mom

Giusseppe Rossi has moved on loan to Newcastle, which is really weird to say the list. It leaves Man Utd with Rooney, Saha, an aging Solksjaer and an injured Alan Smith as the remaining options. Unless they've got another striker coming tomorrow (Tevez? Trezeguet?) then I really find this weird.

Rodrigo Defendi's glittering Spurs career is over. He never really fit the jigsaw to be honest - and with Huddlestone and Deviette it's not like we need him. The rumours for Spurs are Malbranque and Chimbonda, that'd be nice, hopefully no one leaves.

While Boumsong was/is a complete failure for Newcastle, Ferguson was good when he was at Blackburn.

Holy shit, I have seen some utter crap on here but that takes the biscuit. But hey, if 5 yard sideways passes and backwards is the top skillage in Scotland, then bully for you.

While Boumsong was/is a complete failure for Newcastle, Ferguson was good when he was at Blackburn.

Holy shit, I have seen some utter crap on here but that takes the biscuit. But hey, if 5 yard sideways passes and backwards is the top skillage in Scotland, then bully for you.

Kinda want to see Villa do well under O'Neill, but will be sooooooooooo pissed if Defoe goes. I really think we'll be needing those four strikers this season, we looked really short (in more ways than one) when Mido was injured at the end of last season.

Newcastle seems to have done some good buisiness getting Rossi on loan from Man U, the desperatly need some strikers.

And Southgate has done some good work getting Woodgate to boro, if he can stay fit!

Edited by marksbros6

The Rossi deal screams of "Oh shit, we'll just sort it out in January" but I suppose I can't complain about an extra body in the attack. It's a plus that we have a strong midfield though so they'll get plenty help (in theory anyway).

But it's blatantly obvious that we have no money left for a striker so hopefully the majority of the remaning budget can go toward a defender to close the window for us, though strong sources are linking toward Nugent signing. I'd rather have some more stability at the back rather than another striker at the minute.

Though if we had a bit more money, I'd have loved to see Defoe for 9 million :( Souness has fucked us over when it comes to spending.

West Ham United are set to pull off a major coup by the signing Argentine stars Carlos Tevez and Javier Mascherano, skysports.com can reveal.

Arsenal, Chelsea and Manchester United were all thought to be competing for the duo, along with some of the continents elite including Bayern Munich and Milan.

However, The Hammers have struck a deal with Media Sports Investments (MSI) - who own the rights to the Corinthians pair.

Portsmouth were also in line to broker a move, but it seems MSI have decided that a move to West Ham will best serve their prize assets.

The deal is believed to be initially for a season-long loan for the duo - but it could become permanent if all parties are happy.

The pair are both currently in England ahead of this weekend's Brazil versus Argentina clash at Arsenal's Emirates Stadium.

A statement on Tevez's website claims a move is done for himself and Mascherano.

"Carlitos Tevez and his former Corinthians team-mate, Javier Mascherano, has signed a contract to play with West Ham United of England," read the statement.

Guest Small Red

I think it will just be a season long loan, since will West Ham really be able to fork out about £60million on two players in the summer? If this is true, as it appears to be, then this is the best deal of the summer.

Today is going to be a great Transfer day. Baptista will probs go to Arsenal and Reyes to Real in a trade, same thing with Adriano to Real and Ronaldo to Inter. If that Tevez/Mascherano transfer goes through West Ham have made a GREAT signing, a signing that will make the bigger clubs in England cry because how the fuck did West Ham do this? In Holland, PSV will probably sign Patrick Kluivert, and they are trying to get Kromkamp from Liverpool and Zaki.

Also, Christian Vieri has gone to Atalanta Bergamo and he'll get 100.000 euro per goal :o

Guest Small Red

Today is going to be a great Transfer day. Baptista will probs go to Arsenal and Reyes to Real in a trade, same thing with Adriano to Real and Ronaldo to Inter. If that Tevez/Mascherano transfer goes through West Ham have made a GREAT signing, a signing that will make the bigger clubs in England cry because how the fuck did West Ham do this? In Holland, PSV will probably sign Patrick Kluivert, and they are trying to get Kromkamp from Liverpool and Zaki.

Also, Christian Vieri has gone to Atalanta Bergamo and he'll get 100.000 euro per goal :o

How can a player from Scotland cost 6.5 million? Did Ferguson and Boumsong prove nothing?

In a way, I'm glad Petrov is gone, since he was the last guy at Celtic with any real quality at the start of this season. But now they have Venegoor AND Gravesen...that's not fair. I feel dirty for admiring Celtic's new line-up: Boruc, Riordan, VENEGOOR OF HESSELHINK (how the fuck did they sign him again?), Nakamura and Gravesen...that's about it really. But it's the best team they've had since Henrik Larsson was the team.

• Admin

Only Tevez has confirmed the news, not Mascherano or Corinthians, or West Ham.

West Ham United have reportedly pulled off the transfer coup of the summer by landing Argentine internationals Carlos Tevez and Javier Mascherano on loan.

Both players currently play for Brazilian side Corinthians, who are owned by Media Sports Investments. In an amazing turn of events, the Hammers are thought to have struck a deal with MSI which will see them sign both players on season-long loans, with a view to permanent transfers if all goes well this term.

Striker Tevez and defensive midfielder Mascherano are regarded as two of the hottest properties on the transfer market, and both have been strongly linked with moves to Manchester United and Arsenal.

However, if the reports prove accurate it appears West Ham have struck one of the most incredible transfer deals in history, and can now be considered as genuine contenders for a top-six finish in the Premiership.

A statement on Tevez's website has confirmed that both players are set to move to Upton Park:

"Carlitos Tevez along with his former Corinthians team-mate, Javier Mascherano, has signed a contract to play with West Ham United of England."

I'm not saying it's fake, but a bit fishy. I mean, West Ham signing the world's best; while Man Utd, Arsenal, Milan, Madrid etc. all get rebuffed?

If it is true, it should be a 1 season thing, that MSI are using to raise the players European profile and price tag.

Well, in all seriousness, I've seen two good theories as to why this might happen. The logic I heard on another board was that MSI are doing this so they get a payoff now, in a year when West Ham make the transfers permanent and in 2-3 years when they inevitably fuck off to United, Chelsea or whoever. Players constantly moving clubs is productive for the middlemen.

Also, MSI were rumoured to have been interested in taking over the club. One poster on a board claims his 'inside sources' are indicating the club's again in talks with the group about a takeover, and this would be an excellent sweetener in those talks.

The conspiracy theorists will tell you that Abramovich's money backs MSI and that he's using this deal to see how well the pair adjust to the life style in London. Kia Joorbachian, the Iranian billionaire behind MSI denies any investment from Abramovich or Berevosky, the other Russian magnate involved.

Should be interesting to say the least...

Edited by The Judge