Guest DirtyFoot

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

eddie_izzard.jpg

1. Eddie Izzard

Even if he doesn't actually improvise everything he does, his all around performance is such that it doesn’t matter much. His surreal flights of fancy and his long links of completely polar opposite topics which all come round to the original topic after a 60 minute journey - I’m not happy with my wash! - are sheer genius. He also knows that sometimes he just can’t link two topics and will straight up admit it.

billy_connelly.jpg

2. Billy Connelly

Exchanges the top spot with Eddie Izzard on a constant basis. Billy Connelly is a particular type of comedy which you really either love or hate. If any other comedian spent over thirty years telling the same stories he’d be lynched but with Connelly his delivery is such that it is cheered instead. I have never heard anyone cheer as much as when Connelly says he’ll tell us a story about a girl ”who worked in a printing works and made a terrible misprint one day in the bible”

gabrieliglesias.copy.jpg

3. Gabriel Iglesias

If you’re asking “Who?” then I urge you to find a copy any way you can of this mans’ Comedy Central special. I would rank that show as the funniest show I have ever seen however the more extensive back catalogues of Izzard and Connelly put him 3rd. He’s not fat he’s just fluffy.

nina2.jpg

4. Nina Conti

Yes she’s a woman and yes she’s hot but she’s also insanely talented. There’s a performance on YouTube of her at the Royal Albert Hall which just does not do her justice as she had to clean up her material. She’s a regular at the Comedy Store and on TV so catch her there if you can. Why did the monkey fall out of the tree? Because he was dead….Don’t laugh it happens you know!

pb_ron_white.jpg

5. Ron White

The only decent performer in the Blue Collar Comedy Tour, White’s combination of seemingly drunken rambling and stories are really, really funny. They call him ‘Tater Salad’.

dunham-jeff-bio.jpg

5. Jeff Dunham

The second ventriloquist on my list, he’s also like Conti very very talented. Unlike Conti though, a couple of videos on YouTube show Dunham at his best, especially on the Best Damn Sport’s Show Period with his puppet Walter - SHUT THE HELL UP. And of course, who can forget Jose Jalapéno………On a steek!

dylan-moran.jpg

6. Dylan Moran

The most surreal, disillusioned, angry comedian you will probably ever see, he has his act down perfectly. His dead pan humour isn’t for everybody but I just can’t help but laugh every time he chastises the smoking ban in the workplace - ”it shouldn’t be a big deal, unless you’re a doctor working at an incubator”

still_stephen_lynch.jpg

7. Stephen Lynch

Like RK I have to give major props to Stephen Lynch. His albums are funny as anything and his Comedy Central show is also insanely funny. ‘Superhero’ is an awesome song when done live.

djalili_203_203x152.jpg

8. Omid Djalli

“The only Iranian comedian in the world, which is technically three more than Germany“ - BELLY DANCE! Give him a sitcom.

DMEbro05.jpg

9. Demetri Martin

You can see his inspiration is from Mitch Hedberg but in my opinion Martin does it even better. His deadpan humour is a delight.

carlin-george.jpg

10. George Carlin

The only really politically motivated comedian on my list, he’s been a constantly strong comedian through all of his shows.

I do love Dylan Moran's rant on smoking. Not even from a comedy perspective, it's just TRUE. He really reminds me of Hicks when he started to chastise the crowd for applauding the fact that he just lit a cigarette, protesting that it shouldn't be an act of rebellion.