World Cup 2006

Dan

That was such a boring game to watch. Reading the paper was more entertaining. Then again, the paper had Jeremy Clarkson, which indicates TKO anyway. Hopefully we won't get a repeat against T&T.

Going to skip the Sweden/T&T match, so I can watch See No Evil, I think. Or just get something to eat. Then it's on to Argentina Vs. Ivory Coast, which should be excellent, if for no other reason than the Crespo/Drogba faceoff possibility. I expect Argentina to pull a classy, but not overwhelming win - 2-1.

Eww, ABC's coverage has the colours all fucked up. It's like watching an episode of Alias.

In 10 minutes, this game has already entertained me more than the England-Paraguay match, if only for the ref getting taken out. >_>

This announcer (on Sportsnet) is awesome...

"We get the feeling that Larsson doesn't agree with the decision. Puffing out his cheeks like a petulant child."

Man, T&T came out slow and tensive, but they really picked up towards the end of the half. Still noticeably the lesser team, but hey, it only takes one break.

It has been deserved. Both tackles (which got yellow cards) should have been red cards, and there were tackles that went unpunished.

Horrible, horrible tackles.

Bullshit. The first one deserved a yellow, but was just a little late rather than an overtly nasty challenge. The second one didn't deserve a card whatsoever, his feet were low and he won the ball, only catching him with his trailing leg. It would have gone un-punished in the Premiership, thats for certain.

Fuck FIFA and the change to the rules.

EDIT: Oh, and Intent, I know you are hyperbole-ing a little, but we didn't defend for 88 minutes. The first half performance was fine, it was just the second half we really sat back.

Edited by HGwannabe