World Cup 2006

Dan

Ah you see, you're used to playing Honduras. They give you an inflated sense of self-ability!

We have a standing invitation to most European teams. They all keep deciding not to play us. I've been over this already.

Only we accept.

Perhaps Bush's dislike of the European Union and comments towards the French may have upset them :P

Ah you see, you're used to playing Honduras. They give you an inflated sense of self-ability!

We have a standing invitation to most European teams. They all keep deciding not to play us. I've been over this already.

Only we accept.

Perhaps Bush's dislike of the European Union and comments towards the French may have upset them :P

Also, there is very little reason for anyone to want to play the US. In friendlies, teams play teams similar to those they are due to play.....when is the next time England might have to play Guatemala? :shifty:

Edited by HGwannabe

Guest Ringo Mars

So I just came home. Someone tell me who's been diving and/or cheating so I can wish death on him.

It's Rosicky isn't it? He plays for Arsenal, he's bound to dive :shifty:

Scotland accepted a friendly with the USA last year. We drew, and should have won.

The US need a good result against Italy, and should be able to beat Ghana. Although Ghana have Essien, and if they get beaten by Italy like they just got beat by the Czechs, then Ghana have a good chance of drawing, or ever winning.

It's only one game, which you weren't expected to win anyways. It's not a complete embarrassment, it's just the footballing equavalent to a spanking.

And I wouldn't put the Czechs in the top 10 teams in the world.

Brazil

England

Argentina

Germany

France

Italy

Spain

Portugal

Holland

Sweden

I'd rate all of those teams as better. Then you get the teams like Ukraine, Turkey, Greece, Serbia, Ivory Coast, Mexico, Switzerland, etc, who could beat the Czechs in a fair game, but could also lose.

That's just naming a few off the top of my head. They are better (on paper) than the US and Ghana though, so are expected to go through to the knockout stages with Italy.

Edited by The Kraig

Guest muddatrucker

It's only one game, which you weren't expected to win anyways. It's not a complete embarrassment, it's just the footballing equavalent to a spanking.

Brazil

England

Argentina

Germany

France

Italy

Spain

Portugal

Holland

Sweden

I'd rate all of those teams as better. Then you get the teams like Ukraine, Turkey, Greece, Serbia, Ivory Coast, Mexico, Switzerland, etc, who could beat the Czechs in a fair game, but could also lose.

That's just naming a few off the top of my head. They are better (on paper) than the US and Ghana though, so are expected to go through to the knockout stages with Italy.

Edited by muddatrucker

Czech are awesome, they're just a really good side. Rosicky is awesome, Arsenal must be happy with that signing, still a bit sad Juve couldn't pick the guy up. It's great to see Nedved looking really good today, he works so damn hard and I really pray the guy can get through this tournament without being injured. It seems everytime he's heading towards something big, either an injury or a stupid yellow card (leading into a 'miss the next match') ends up costing him. He's an outstanding player though and I personally think he'll be one of the best players of the tournament.

Brilliant start for them, I cant wait for when they play Italy, that's certainly going to be tough beating the Czech's, a draw should be fine though :)

USA haven't really been too bad either IMO. They've looked good at times but they've just really been outplayed. This is for me the best group in the World Cup, great game. It's a shame Nedved didn't try hitting one from about 35 yards with this new football.

Cant wait for the Italy game tonight, although the loss of Zambrotta and Gattuso isn't the best of news.

Also, is Adu not in the USA side? Of course he's really young, I just wanted to see him play because I've heard so much about him, he looks really good from the short moments I've seen from him. Maybe a bit too young right now?

And the Czech's are way better than Sweeden :ohwell:

Edited by Dirty Johnny 27

Brazil

England

Argentina

Germany

France

Italy

Spain

Portugal

Holland

Sweden

Looking at the German team, they're very inexperienced and have a shitty defence and a half decent attack. France have taken Boumsong to the world cup and left Mexes at home. Spain are individually great players but a shit team and Sweden? ha, they're good on their day but top 10? bwahaha.

The Czech Republic are a good team, they shouldn't be 2nd in the world rankings but they're deserve a spot in the top 10.