World Cup 2006

Dan

God dammit.

I watch this team improve and improve and improve from month to month, year to year. I watch the players keep getting better, the system get better. I know we have talent -- I see it every week, week in, week out. I see the team perform with class, perform with flair, and beat top nations in Mexico. I've seen them play equally with Brazil. I know that we're good. I keep seeing it.

And now they do this, and that's all everyone cares about. We beat Mexico four straight times, we win CONCACAF, we can do anything, and all you see is 0-3. That's our team right now.

My heart is just dead. I feel betrayed.

Adu went to camp with the team in January but he didnt make the final team, and since he wasnt even playing all the time with his club team it was kind of expected. This was a very dissapointing game, I knew the Czechs were a better team I just expected the US to show more effort and the only one that really gave us any chances was Eddie Johnson in the 2nd half and I hope Arenas see's this and starts him next game.

God dammit.

I watch this team improve and improve and improve from month to month, year to year. I watch the players keep getting better, the system get better. I know we have talent -- I see it every week, week in, week out. I see the team perform with class, perform with flair, and beat top nations in Mexico. I've seen them play equally with Brazil. I know that we're good. I keep seeing it.

And now they do this, and that's all everyone cares about. We beat Mexico four straight times, we win CONCACAF, we can do anything, and all you see is 0-3. That's our team right now.

Guest muddatrucker

It's only one game, which you weren't expected to win anyways. It's not a complete embarrassment, it's just the footballing equavalent to a spanking.

And I wouldn't put the Czechs in the top 10 teams in the world.

Brazil

England

Argentina

Germany

France

Italy

Spain

Portugal

Holland

Sweden

I'd rate all of those teams as better. Then you get the teams like Ukraine, Turkey, Greece, Serbia, Ivory Coast, Mexico, Switzerland, etc, who could beat the Czechs in a fair game, but could also lose.

That's just naming a few off the top of my head. They are better (on paper) than the US and Ghana though, so are expected to go through to the knockout stages with Italy.

Looking at the German team, they're very inexperienced and have a shitty defence and a half decent attack. France have taken Boumsong to the world cup and left Mexes at home. Spain are individually great players but a shit team and Sweden? ha, they're good on their day but top 10? bwahaha.

The Czech Republic are a good team, they shouldn't be 2nd in the world rankings but they're deserve a spot in the top 10.

Edited by muddatrucker

Oh and I forgot to add, that Australia come back was great to watch earlier. Japan looked like they had it wrapped up, was a little shocked when Australia scored three in the space of about eight minutes. Cant believe Japan didn't get a penalty for that Cahill challenge though. That said, really good comeback and although I'm not really a huge fan of Australia, it'd be pretty cool seeing them come second in their group.

Got to love the idiot on BBC1 News as well. He asks a little girl who here favourite Italy player is, she say's 'Toni' and he comes back with 'It's TOTTI...oh and it went so well in rehersals'. What an idiot :shifty:

Edited by Dirty Johnny 27

Luca Toni's probably my favourite Italian, behind Gattuso of course.

Get ready for the best national anthem ever - ITALIA. ITAAALIA. ITAAAALIA. ITALIAAA.

Oh great, another pundit who needs subtitles to understand - Marcel Desailly.

God dammit.

Seriously, as Kraigy put it, what you do out where you play means little compared to most other big countries and what they have to go through. The fact that Mexico is the only team of note, and not a very special side at that, that you play regularly shows in the fact that the US are a poor side.

Europe, South America and Africa all play more competitive football and have better teams than what ever is produced in North or Central America. There are a big list of teams that are better than the US that missed out this year.

Edited by HGwannabe

God dammit.

Seriously, as Kraigy put it, what you do out where you play means little compared to most other big countries and what they have to go through. The fact that Mexico is the only team of note, and not a very special side at that, that you play regularly shows in the fact that the US are a poor side.

Europe, South America and Africa all play more competitive football and have better teams than what ever is produced in North or Central America. There are a big list of teams that are better than the US that missed out this year.

• Like 3

Shut the fuck up. This is the kind of bullshit I didn't want to hear. All you ever do is piss on the US team. WELL, YOU GOT YOUR FUCKING AMMO! ARE YOU HAPPY NOW? HUH? ARE YOU HAPPY, YOU LITTLE BITCH?

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Edited by Summers
  • Like 4

God dammit.

Guest muddatrucker

Shut the fuck up. This is the kind of bullshit I didn't want to hear. All you ever do is piss on the US team. WELL, YOU GOT YOUR FUCKING AMMO! ARE YOU HAPPY NOW? HUH? ARE YOU HAPPY, YOU LITTLE BITCH?

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Edited by muddatrucker
  • Like 3

I have to agree, what a fucking fag, go back to the diary forum you cunt. You post like you learned about football from a book, rather than from watching it, your opinions of your home country are far too high and you're not gracious when you are deservedly beaten, this is what happens in the world cup, the shit teams lose.

Edited by Dukes

I am not going to go to Dukes extreme but he is right, even if the US does come out and lets say win this 3-0, so they are on the other side of things. There would still be tons of doubters out there saying that they would still be lucky to get to the next round, it may not be people on this board but others that I know would have said that.

Guest muddatrucker

Yeah, America narrowly lost on a controversial decision...oh wait...

EDIT: Green Demon, the best way to hit back at doubters is to win and they can't doubt you, if you lose and deservedly lose and still make out that you cant understand why, people won't rate you highly.

Edited by muddatrucker

USA are ranked way too highly, they seriously aren't all that great of a team either way, they got outplayed from start to finish today. And the England point is stupid.

Looks like a really good top three for Italy too. Totally agree with O'Neil as well, Totti really needs to produce something in this World Cup. A brilliant player who really can show so much more, but sometimes just doesn't.

Guest muddatrucker

You know what? You're not worth the energy I expend to press down the keys on my laptop to point out what a hypocritical loser you are. If this is how you get your boners, good for you. I'm shell-shocked and upset and tired, and maybe I should've just not posted, but dammit, this sucks and you know it -- and you're laughing and rubbing it in. When did I piss you off so much that you felt it your personal mission to treat me like a sack of shit?

Edited by muddatrucker
  • Like 1