World Cup 2006

Dan

Guest Koupa Troopa

Italy are going to trash the US as are Ghana.

I stick by my US is the weakest team in that group statement I told someone during a WC conversation. >_>

To be fair, the US would struggle to qualify from any group this year. Except Group Dull. Anyone could qualify from that.

That's not as much of a rip on the US as it sounds, by the way. Seriously... they're decent, but decent doesn't cut it.

Edited by TheReilDeal

The Czechs just seemed to have crumbled, they certainly a shadow of the Czech team that played the other day. Then again they were playing the US.

They had at least one good striker then, too.

To be fair, the US would struggle to qualify from any group this year. Except Group Dull. Anyone could qualify from that.

That's not as much of a rip on the US as it sounds, by the way. Seriously... they're decent, but decent doesn't cut it.

I think they'd have a good shot at qualifying from Group G or H too.

But they're in Group E so they're screwed.

Well I would have to say that altough they havent showed it yet this team is one of the better that we have had, the only thing is that they are still pretty young and inexperinced so that kinda goes against them. Lots of the guys on the team or on the younger team(U-21) right now, 4 years from now could be very good players such as Eddie Johnson, Freddy Adu among other players will hopefully make the team alot better then what it is now.

Also has anyone heard the line up yet? From what I have heard Johnson isnt starting again, and after how he played last game I thought that there would be a pretty good chance he started.

Guest Bosstown Boy

I ran a preview using FIFA World Cup 2006, and this is how is came out:

USA GOAL - Clint Dempsey - 12:23

ITALY GOAL - Francesco Totti - 34:03

ITALY GOAL - Francesco Totti - 51:54

ITALY GOAL - Alberto Gilardino - 66:45

USA GOAL - Eddie Johnson - 85:06

ITALY 3 - USA 2

Doesnt mean anything yet but it does seem like the US is atleast getting more chances down at their end so far but if they dont amount to anything then it is all for naught.

Damn Convey had a chance there but hit it high.

Edited by Green Demon