World Cup 2006

Dan

What about Snap? That's a legitimate card sport!

That World Cup official who attempted suicide has now died. I actually wonder more about how he managed to fail to kill himself with a gunshot to the head, rather than why he did it after helping mastermind a superb World Cup hosting. :ohwell:

BWAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

HOCKEY NUMBER ONE! RAWR!

And I don't think MLS or any soccer is ahead of the NHL. MLS is growing and getting larger, but the NHL is much larger and has a (shitty) national TV deal. Heck, NBC carries the playoffs. I have never seen any MLS games on TV. (I am sure Fox Sportsnet or something carries it, but I dont have that being Canadian)

Guest Ringo Hates Divers

Roberto Calderoli, vice president of the Italian Senate and the head of the Northern League, a right wing populist party with an often xenophobic tone, proudly declared in front of the Italian assembly that Italy had beaten "a team of blacks, of islamists and communists".

Roberto Calderoli, vice president of the Italian Senate and the head of the Northern League, a right wing populist party with an often xenophobic tone, proudly declared in front of the Italian assembly that Italy had beaten "a team of blacks, of islamists and communists".

lololol.

Edited by oldskool

"Zinedine Zidane's mother struggled to bring him up in a poor village, struggling to maintain them, she worked two jobs. She was both a terrorist AND a whore."

Hahaha. Jimmy Carr is love.

lololol.

Edited by Little Bo Peep

lololol.

What's funny is that France is very far from being Communist.

Guest Bosstown Boy

I found this quote in ESPN, don't know if it's been posted, but I found it rather interesting.

"Everyone makes fun of the [diving], and it is hideous, but it's also funny as hell. These guys drop like they were gunned down by a sniper, then they roll around for 10 seconds in absolute agony, heroicically hop up and limp around to "shake it off," and within 30 seconds they're running full speed again. Even Ric Flair didn't sell pain so well. More important, it's one thing that will keep soccer from ever, ever, ever becoming a bona fide force in this country. Americans won't stomach such dishonesty. We see right through it. No way Dwyane Wade pulls that crap; we'd never allow it. Okay, bad example."

- Bill Simmons, The Sports Guy, ESPN Mag

I found this quote in ESPN, don't know if it's been posted, but I found it rather interesting.

"Everyone makes fun of the [diving], and it is hideous, but it's also funny as hell. These guys drop like they were gunned down by a sniper, then they roll around for 10 seconds in absolute agony, heroicically hop up and limp around to "shake it off," and within 30 seconds they're running full speed again. Even Ric Flair didn't sell pain so well. More important, it's one thing that will keep soccer from ever, ever, ever becoming a bona fide force in this country. Americans won't stomach such dishonesty. We see right through it. No way Dwyane Wade pulls that crap; we'd never allow it. Okay, bad example."

- Bill Simmons, The Sports Guy, ESPN Mag

I was discussing it with someone a week or so ago, but you can't compare diving in football to any other sport really, as very few sports in the US allow you to "con" the referee with something like that, so it doesn't happen.

Although I did notice that some NHL/NFL players have started to get pulled for diving.