EWB World Cup 2006 Sweepstake

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Germany .. I may aswell take off my England shirt right now.

EDIT: Although to be honest me and a few friends did it earlier, we got two picks each(for a weird reason). I picked Tunisia and Serbia And Montenegro ..

Edited by The Slickman

Friday 9th June 2006

World Cup - Group A Matches

17:00 - WCSweep-Germany.jpgvs. WCSweep-CostaRica.jpg

The Slickman vs. alldawson

The first game of the World Cup is this afternoon, with a 5pm kick off time. It will see hosts Germany - with the Slickman go up against alldawson's underdogs Costa Rica. Slickman will fancy his chances with the Germans here, but I wouldn't rule out alldawson's lot - who could cause an upset.

20:00 - WCSweep-Poland.jpgvs. WCSweep-Ecuador.jpg

kulex vs. Small Red

kulex and Small Red's teams will have the evening kick off of the day as Poland face Ecuador. On paper it looks an even contest with either side possible winners. Both men will fancy their luck in this one.

Saturday 10th June 2006

World Cup - Group B Matches

14:00 - WCSweep-England.jpgvs. WCSweep-Paraguay.jpg

adrenalinejunky & Ando Solo vs. Eddie G

Eddie G is facing the majority of EWB with this one...but England aren't the most reliable of sides - even though they have to be fancied against Paraguay. AJ and Ando are no doubt thinking that England could do it tommorrow.

17:00 - WCSweep-TrinidadTobego.jpgvs. WCSweep-Sweden.jpg

Michael vs. Jam

Sweden with Ibrahimovic, Larsson and Ljungburg are the favourites against Michael's T&T with....well, Dwight Yorke. But Trinidad aren't going to be a walk over for anyone (apart from England >_>) So who knows, Jam must be thinking win, but a draw is possible.

World Cup - Group C Match

20:00 - WCSweep-Argentina.jpgvs. WCSweep-IvoryCoast.jpg

Be vs. TMM

Be's Argentina are the probable group winners, but TMM's Ivory Coast are a nifty little side. I believe it's gonna be a draw but both men must fancy their chances.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bitch here at each other, hype your teams and whatnot. (Y) Celebrate an unlikely result against an opponent or cry at a horrible loss. I'll carry on doing these previews if this takes off.

Edited by TAFKA Castroneves

Meh .. fun actually started at work today.. some English with caravans stopped by my work (McD's) and I started taking the piss out of em so yea Paraguay FTW (Y) :P