Gaming Targets

Benji

Do you ever set yourself targets whilst gaming? I find myself doing it more and more to increase my gaming pleasure for getting an achievement. So I was just wondering, what games are people playing and have you set any targets/dates? Seeing as tonight I want a lazy night in, I decided to set myself more than usual.

Pokémon Emerald

Testing Charmanders Hidden Power to make sure it's a strong grass move, breeding until I get it.

Pokémon XD

Snagging all Pokémon up to the first town.

Tekken 5

Another 100 straight wins in arcade mode.

Mario 64

Actually bothering to move from 84 stars seeing as I haven't played it in nearly a year, aiming for another 16 tonight.

Killing. Ruby. Weapon.

I have had that target set since 1997, and I've still yet to accomplish it. Mostly due to a lack of patience really. I get to that point in the game and look left at the long preperation for the fight, then look right to the Northern crater, and always choose the later path. I'm due for another run through of it soon, so hopefully nine years later I actually decide to go for it.

Another target I've got is getting to Pendemonium on disc 3 of FFIX in under 12 hours, and getting Excalibur 2. That's going to be a mammoth task, as I'm too used to levelling up to just barrel through the game.

...I promise I'll think up some non Ff targets soon :shifty:

Mine was killing Emerald Weapon. I got rid of Ruby without too many problems, but I've never managed to beat Emerald. Damned Aire Tam Storm >_<

Right now I'm trying to get Silent Assassin on all levels in Hitman 2, although somehow my overall progress is only Professional. I'm trying to get it done before Friday so I can go out and buy Blood Money with no leftover problems >_>

GTA3 is the only one I've got that I haven't completed 100%, so I'm also going to want to get that before I pick up Liberty City Stories.

Today's goal was beating the holy fucking snot out of X-Zibit or however he spells it on Def Jam Fight For NY. Great game, but it's fucking cheap as hell on some of the fights.

I completed today's goal by the way \0/

Tonight's goal is to win a World Cup with England on Sensi 06 and score a goal in every match.

Find a team to manage that I actually like being the manager of on FM2006.

Improve at Pro Evo on higher star ratings.

Mostly, I only set targets when I first get a game, like winning the World and European cups when the new Pro Evo comes out, or completing season mode with every new SD! game.

Killing. Ruby. Weapon.

I have had that target set since 1997, and I've still yet to accomplish it. Mostly due to a lack of patience really. I get to that point in the game and look left at the long preperation for the fight, then look right to the Northern crater, and always choose the later path. I'm due for another run through of it soon, so hopefully nine years later I actually decide to go for it.

Another target I've got is getting to Pendemonium on disc 3 of FFIX in under 12 hours, and getting Excalibur 2. That's going to be a mammoth task, as I'm too used to levelling up to just barrel through the game.

Actually finish FFVII.

Get more than one Silent Assassin rating on Hitman 2.

Make it to the start of the season in a CM06 game, for the first time.

I'm well on my way to the first one. The second one drives me fucking insane, because it's too much of a temptation to not shotgun people to death everywhere. And the third one is more of a backburner, as FFVII is consuming almost all of my time right now.

Emerald Weapon is a dirty fucking cumslut, but I managed to defeat it without the underwater Materia. (Y)

Targets for next day off:

Pokémon Emerald

Breed more Charmanders, in an attempt to fill Box/get a shiny to taunt Benji with.

Pokémon Colosseum

Snag Smeargle, purify Tyranitar.

New Super Mario Bros.

Get to the elusive World 7, and get 20 star coins.

Monster Rancher

Finally get a Ducken monster.

On Emerald Weapon, admittedly I only had 00:02 on the counter when the battle ended, and it shook horribly/gloriously red at me.

Edited by PkmnTrainerJ

Since I pretty much play sports games only, I always try to have small goals for myself, like in Madden, establish a large pass or run game, get the ball to a specific reciever. Or in Baseball, try and get so many steals with one player. Etc.

Killing. Ruby. Weapon.

The win.

Edited by Xero Gravity

I need to finish GTA3, I got to that mission where you have to destroy all the coffee carts and it annoyed me so i never finished it. After LCS is done GTA3 is in for it...

Pokémon Colosseum

Snag Smeargle, purify Tyranitar.

Achieved half of it, I need to snag

Shuckle from Deep King Agnol and Togetic from myself and then I'm done except for Ho-oh

Edited by PkmnTrainerJ