Worst Covers Ever

9 to 5

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't get how Avenged Sevenfold's version of "Walk" is bad. It sounds almost exactly the same as the original, atleast to me.

It's bad because they're shit talentless posing wankers.

And it's ISN'T Pantera.

It sounds damn near dead on, so both of those points are pretty much meaningless. The reason you don't like it is because they're a trendy band. In reality, they did a good cover of the song, far better than Kilgore's. Not quite as fun as Disturbed's version though. For a straight, unchanged cover, it's harmless.

Now, as for bad covers... this one pains me since it's a band I really like, but Lacuna Coil's cover of "Enjoy the Silence" is fucking dreadful.

Damn, I tried to carry over my quote from the Download thread, but yeah, I detest the LC cover of "Enjoy The Silence"....so much.

Ryan Adams cover of Wonderwall makes me want to take a chair to my face. Though anything he does makes me want to jump off a high cliff thats probably the worst.

This is were I should search for Dragsy's quote about Oasis fans, this song and the cover...but I'm lazy.

Put it simply, the cover isn't that bad, Oasis fans just seem to believe the song is somewhat untouchable. I think the same somewhat goes for the Avenged Sevenfold "Walk" mention...there was nothing THAT wrong about it, aside from it being zOMG Avenged Sevenfold doing an untouchable Pantera song.

Ryan Adams cover of Wonderwall makes me want to take a chair to my face. Though anything he does makes me want to jump off a high cliff thats probably the worst.

This is were I should search for Dragsy's quote about Oasis fans, this song and the cover...but I'm lazy.

Put it simply, the cover isn't that bad, Oasis fans just seem to believe the song is somewhat untouchable. I think the same somewhat goes for the Avenged Sevenfold "Walk" mention...there was nothing THAT wrong about it, aside from it being zOMG Avenged Sevenfold doing an untouchable Pantera song.

Erm...what? I hate Oasis, and Wonderwall is possibly the most over-rated song of all time, but I've not even heard the cover you're on about.

You hadn't heard the cover last time you commented, you basically just stated your disdain for Oasis fans acting as if the song was untouchable, when you thought it was an over-rated song.....as you just stated then.

It is nothing special, and thats coming from a Ryan Adams fan.

I actually went and found your initial quote, cos I am lame:

Will you guys get over yourselves? Wonderwall itself is shit, it has to be one of the msot over rated songs I've ever heard. Oasis are fucking garbage.

after people had been complaining about the Ryan Adams cover.....I think it is a pretty just point :shifty:

...hmph. I dread to think what the cover is like.

It's basically slowed down a lot and sounds like a mix of a moody ballad and something from Bill Shatner.

I believe it was muddatrucker who said that any conversation about bad covers needs to mention Nickelback's "Saturday Night's All Right for Fighting". But I may be misquoting him, so he can feel free to jump in.

However, Limp Bizkit's 'Behind Blue Eyes' is fucking atrocious.

Screw you, those covers are awesome >_>

It is nothing special, and thats coming from a Ryan Adams fan.

I actually went and found your initial quote, cos I am lame:

Will you guys get over yourselves? Wonderwall itself is shit, it has to be one of the msot over rated songs I've ever heard. Oasis are fucking garbage.

after people had been complaining about the Ryan Adams cover.....I think it is a pretty just point :shifty:

For whoever mentioned William Shatner's covers.....

ARE YOU INSANE?!

Anything (except those Iron Chef USA specials done for UPN - nothing could have saved that garbage) that he does is instantly awesome BECAUSE its Shatner!

If Samuel L. Jackson, Bruce Campbell and William Shatner ever did a movie together, it would automatically be the greatest movie ever made.

(Unless they filmed a sequel and added Jackie Chan and Clint Eastwood, that is)

Nickleback - Saturday Nights Alright For Fighting has Dimebag on it. Thus immediately nullifying any possibility that it's lame.

Also Saturday Nights Alright is one of those songs that always sounds awesome, wether it's Elton John, Nickleback, WASP. It's all good.

Nickleback - Saturday Nights Alright For Fighting has Dimebag on it. Thus immediately nullifying any possibility that it's lame.

Also Saturday Nights Alright is one of those songs that always sounds awesome, wether it's Elton John, Nickleback, WASP. It's all good.

Yeah, WASP definately did it. It's on the Best of the Best 1984-2000 album, and probably somewhere else as well.

According to the linear notes, it was recorded in 1999, but doesn't seem to be on any of their albums. It was either a B-Side or done just for this collection.

One bad cover that comes to mind:

Ugly Kid Joe's version of Cats' In The Cradle. If you've Harry Chapin perform it, then you know its hard to top the original because of the emotion in the voice and the fact that its believable that he could be the person in the song. A version by a semi-talented band with a singer in his 20's or so ain't gonna cut it.

I've never heard anyone cover Gordon Lightfoot other than the Stars On 54 version of "If You Could Read My Mind" (which was semi-decent), but I can't imagine anyone doing a really decent cover of any of his songs simply because of his voice. Although, I wouldn't mind hearing a rock (NOT Pop or Metal) version of Sundown.

I'm still pissed at Mariah Carey for doing a really shitty cover of Def Leppard's "Bringin' On The Heartbreak", and lost a LOT of respect for Dave Navarro as a musician for playing on it. It was bad enough that he played on Sean `whatever the fuck he's calling himself this year' Combs' lame-ass song "Bad Boys 4 Life".....

If you're a Def Leppard fan and have never heard it....AVOID LISTENING TO IT AT ALL COSTS!!

Yeah, WASP definately did it. It's on the Best of the Best 1984-2000 album, and probably somewhere else as well.

According to the linear notes, it was recorded in 1999, but doesn't seem to be on any of their albums. It was either a B-Side or done just for this collection.