NFL 06/07 Talk

Guest Mighty Mighty Bosstown

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

jesusbase2.jpg

god i wish that was real

Yeah, I remember that tub of shit Aaron Gibson. He's made me weary of Wisconsin O-Lineman, but who the fuck knows with the Lions anymore.

And I'll be the honest, the "Millen taking a WR" jokes are getting really fucking old. We're working on keeping Mike Furrey, the other guy that had a 1000 yard recieving season alongside Roy Williams. If the team has one position that is strong, it's the WR position. Enough with the "CALVIN JOHNSON AT #2" crap.

Yes you do. Chris Simms wasn't very good before his injury, who knows how that could affect him now. Gradkowski wasn't all he was cracked up to be and Tim Rattay was a 3rd stringer for a reason.

Joe Thomas is a very good OT. He'd make a good starting LT for the Lions or a few teams in the top 10.

And I hope the Niners have a chance to nab a high quality WR, because they're in need of a game-changer. They're also in need of other positions, but a game-changing WR could be what the doctor ordered for Alex Smith's development. Rumors are saying Singletary becomes the d coordinator.

Edited by Livid

And I'll be the honest, the "Millen taking a WR" jokes are getting really fucking old. We're working on keeping Mike Furrey, the other guy that had a 1000 yard recieving season alongside Roy Williams. If the team has one position that is strong, it's the WR position. Enough with the "CALVIN JOHNSON AT #2" crap.

Bastard. :pinch:

Anyway, I was wondering about the 49ers, how did that TE they drafted this year look? I forgot his name, but I don't recall hearing much about him after the first few games. I also remember that Eric Johnson (I think that's his name, the white TE on San Fran) had a great year in 04, so it seems to me that they could have themselves a pair of excellent TE's. But as Livid said, they do need that big time WR, as Antonio Bryant isn't a #1. Although he does have the ego to go along with it.

Edited by VerbalPuke

Bastard. :pinch:

Anyway, I was wondering about the 49ers, how did that TE they drafted this year look? I forgot his name, but I don't recall hearing much about him after the first few games. I also remember that Eric Johnson (I think that's his name, the white TE on San Fran) had a great year in 04, so it seems to me that they could have themselves a pair of excellent TE's. But as Livid said, they do need that big time WR, as Antonio Bryant isn't a #1. Although he does have the ego to go along with it.

Vernon Davis. I didn't hear much about him either, but I think he was injured for a few games.

In 10 games (8 starts), he had 20 catches for 26.5 yards and 5 touchdowns. Those are the stats, but the two games I watched him play in he seemed to be really impressive. With Gore running the ball as well as he did Smith didn't have to check down to his tight end, but when he did Vernon was able to catch it and get a few yards afterwards, exactly what I look for in a tight end.

Yes you do. Chris Simms wasn't very good before his injury, who knows how that could affect him now. Gradkowski wasn't all he was cracked up to be and Tim Rattay was a 3rd stringer for a reason.

Gradkowski was cracked up to be something? If anything, he'll end up as a more mobile Dilfer or Brad Johnson...one of those guys that you can (usually) count on not to fuck up too often, but can never win games by himself. That said, I'm still not sure why they bothered extending Simms.

Brady Quinn is fucking overated. Not to mention we have chance to draft a Galloway type receiver in Ginn. We take that. Let the Browns have Quinn. Raiders get Russel, Lions get Smith, Browns can have quinn and we will take Ginn. Then it's nothing but defensive players for the rest of the draft.

Oh and here is something I want clarifaction on. I just watched the Dallas/Seattle, Safety rulling nad they explainded why it was ruled like that. Here's what I want to know.

THe ball is forced loose, It is out of bounds when a player in bounds catches it while it is still in the air, however his foot was on the out of bounds line. It was a seattle player, so how the fuck is that a safety?

Edited by Chinese Democracy

Brady Quinn is fucking overated. Not to mention we have chance to draft a Galloway type receiver in Ginn. We take that. Let the Browns have Quinn. Raiders get Russel, Lions get Smith, Browns can have quinn and we will take Ginn. Then it's nothing but defensive players for the rest of the draft.

Oh and here is something I want clarifaction on. I just watched the Dallas/Seattle, Safety rulling nad they explainded why it was ruled like that. Here's what I want to know.

THe ball is forced loose, It is out of bounds when a player in bounds catches it while it is still in the air, however his foot was on the out of bounds line. It was a seattle player, so how the fuck is that a safety?

The ball might've been out of bounds, but since it was still in the air it was still "in play" until it either:

A. It touches the ground

B. Player touches it and goes out of bounds.

The Seattle playergrabbed it while it was in the air, and his foot went out of bounds. Thus, .the Seattle player was down, with possession of the ball, in his own endzone. Its the same as the QB gettinng sacked in his own endzone...a safety.

Personally, I'd prefer to take Calvin Johnson or Dwayne Jarrett before I'd take Ted Ginn Jr, and I consider myself a fan of Ohio State somewhat.

*EDIT* Mel Kiper ranks the WR like this.

1. Calvin Johnson

2. Jeff Sam.

3. Ted Ginn Jr

4. Dwayne Jarrett

I would say Johnson, Jarrett, Ginn, Sam myself.

Edited by Trey