NFL 06/07 Talk

Guest Mighty Mighty Bosstown

I'm glad to see that others noticed that the running game was at its peak today. Addai was great, and Rhodes was really making those big runs. MVP should've definitely gone to the backs.

However, I'm glad to see the Colts finally win the Superbowl and Peyton finally getting the chip off his shoulder. He, honestly, deserves it for all the flack he gets.

Congrats to the Colts.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Packers played well down the stretch and got back to .500, the Lions have an excellent staff in place and Martz was the mastermind of the greatest show on turf (Faulk even rumored to play in Detroit if cleared). They'll probably draft Quinn, and while that may be bad, they have LOADS of talent and an improving defense.

They wont draft Quinn. It's been made absolutely clear that we're not targeting QB at all during the off-season, and the pick will either be traded down or used on Joe Thomas more than likely.

And unfortunately, I don't think the Lions have loads of talent. They have 10-15 real keepers on the team, on an otherwise lackluster team. They need a ton of work, and will be lucky if they can get to 6-10 next season.

As for tonights game, it was enjoyable. I'm not a huge fan of Peyton, but he deserves recognition for winning the big one. No offense to Bears fan, but I'm glad they lost, as I really loath them, especially Urlacher. I honestly didn't give my absolute full attention to the game due to a Euchre tournament I was in (and won).

Well I watched the Super Bowl and like most it was a pretty lame game of football. I was rooting for the Bears, being from Baltimore I can't really root for the Colts. But I'm happy Peyton won the big one since that means the media doesn't have to call him "The best pure passer of our generation never to win a Super Bowl" anymore. And that is cause for celebration, only because it's annoying as hell to hear.

I'm a Bears fan who is happy they lost. Screwy, huh? I think I gave my reasons why I'd be happy whichever team won a few pages back, but I am hoping the way the Bears played seals the deal and convinces Chicago to replace Grossman. Great teams usually win with a good Quarterback; the Bears won games despite their Quarterback. I feel sorry for most of the Bears' players, but they should have yanked Grossman before the fourth quarter instead of letting him play the entire game.

And despite being a Peyton Manning fan, I agree that he shouldn't have been the MVP. Co-MVP, maybe......

Guest PotatoClassic

My favourite part of the game:

The French-language news channel RDI (Réseau de l'Information), reported at about 7 p.m. that Preston Manning had thrown a touchdown pass to Reggie Wayne. Just can't keep those Reformers off the field of play.

That's 3 NFL bets for me, and 3 winners.

I should dump the football bets and stick to what I 'know' :shifty:

Though if I'd have placed my acca I was going to do at the start of the game, running across the football, the rugby union and league, and ending up with the Colts beating the handicap, as they did, I'd be a lot better off than I am now.

I was also gutted that I didn't go for Hester (sp?) to get the first touchdown, as he said he wouldn't be surprised if he did in the Racing Post yesterday. I'd assume he'd have high odds, so for a pound, could have been a great outside bet.

Being the pretty much the lone Colts fan on the boards, this is the greatest thing to happens since, well ever. After enduring two straight losses to the Patriots and last year to the Steelers, I can no longer hear the "choke" label anymore.

I thought that this year's game was far more entertaining than last year's, more than likely because of the turnovers and what-not, but it wasn't as good as the Pats/Eagles or the Pats/Panthers.

Well I watched the Super Bowl and like most it was a pretty lame game of football. I was rooting for the Bears, being from Baltimore I can't really root for the Colts. But I'm happy Peyton won the big one since that means the media doesn't have to call him "The best pure passer of our generation never to win a Super Bowl" anymore. And that is cause for celebration, only because it's annoying as hell to hear.

Baltimore stole a team as well...plus it was like 20 years ago. Get over it.

Colts-Bears draws No. 3 audience of all time

NFL.com wire reports

NEW YORK (Feb. 5, 2007) -- Peyton Manning had a lot of witnesses to his soggy super victory, with the estimated 93.2 million viewers representing the second most-watched Super Bowl broadcast ever.

Only the 1996 Super Bowl between Dallas and Pittsburgh, which had 94.1 million viewers, had a bigger audience, according to Nielsen Media Research on Monday. Behind that 1996 game and the M*A*S*H series finale, Super Bowl XLI was the third most-watched program in television history.

The presence of one of the game's most popular players in Manning, the Indianapolis Colts' quarterback and a major-market team from Chicago undoubtedly juiced the ratings.

It was the highest-rated Super Bowl game since St. Louis-Tennessee in 2000. The viewership is higher this year even though the ratings are lower than in 2000 because there are more homes now with television sets.

The Colts beat the Bears 29-17 in a game played during a driving rainstorm in Miami. It was shown on CBS, a division of CBS Corp.

The Super Bowl last year between Pittsburgh and Seattle drew 90.7 million viewers.

Despite the huge audience, the Super Bowl didn't provide much of a jolt to the CBS drama Criminal Minds, which was given the choice time slot following the game. Criminal Minds was seen by 26.2 million viewers. While that's the biggest audience the second-year show has ever delivered, it dwarfs the 38.1 million people who saw Grey's Anatomy after ABC's telecast of the game last year.

According to another measuring service, the most-watched moment of the CBS broadcast wasn't Manning's lone touchdown pass, the interception and touchdown run by Kelvin Hayden or even Prince's electrifying halftime show. It was the Bud Light ad featuring Carlos Mencia and a language class, according to Tivo.

The digital recorder company's measurement includes not only people who watched the commercial live, but those who froze the set and went back and watched the commercial, said Todd Juenger, vice president and general manager for audience research.

More viewers with digital recorders tend to replay the Super Bowl commercials than game action perhaps because broadcasters offer plenty of replays of game action on their own, he said.

The most popular minute of the actual game, representing most Tivo replays, was after a personal foul was committed following an Indianapolis kickoff in the third quarter, he said.

Baltimore stole a team as well plus it was like 20 years ago. Get over it.

This argument makes no sense. Browns fans don't root for the Ravens for the same reason, and they were handed a team back by the NFL (which they did deserve). If LA got a team I wouldn't expect many fans to like the Rams.

You don't root for your old franchise, they betrayed your city. It's a sports fan thing. Teams like the Colts and Browns were such a part of the city's culture -- Baltimore still adores Unitas and the old Colts. It never feels right rooting for them coming from a city other than your own.

Being the pretty much the lone Colts fan on the boards, this is the greatest thing to happens since, well ever. After enduring two straight losses to the Patriots and last year to the Steelers, I can no longer hear the "choke" label anymore.

I thought that this year's game was far more entertaining than last year's, more than likely because of the turnovers and what-not, but it wasn't as good as the Pats/Eagles or the Pats/Panthers.

The fuck you are? Have you even read this topic?

We would most likely call you a spite fan.

The fuck you are? Have you even read this topic?