NFL 06/07 Talk

Guest Mighty Mighty Bosstown

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Look for the Jags to upset Pittsburgh. Jacksonville is tired of getting no love from the press and analysts.

Minnesota beats Carolina. Minnesota is on fire having won their last 7 games.

Sentence one I agree with. Sentence two...not so much. But I wouldn't necessarily call Jacksonville beating Pittsburgh an upset, seeing as how Jacksonville beat them last year on SNF and I'd argue that the Steelers aren't the same team they were last year (in a bad way) and neither is Jacksonville (in a good way, minus the fact that they're Jimmy Smith-less).

Because we all know how much Tommy Maddox plays defense right? It's not Maddox's fault they lost, it's the team's, so don't even try and pull that uber-Steelers blame it on Maddox bullshit, because if the defense came to play, they wouldn't of scored 24 points.

And Jacksonville, to an extent, is playing for that. How many people even knew the Jaguars had the third best recrod in the AFC last year? That and everybody finds something to talk bad about Leftwich, who's a very good Quarterback, a very underrated one as well.

Because we all know how much Tommy Maddox plays defense right? It's not Maddox's fault they lost, it's the team's, so don't even try and pull that uber-Steelers blame it on Maddox bullshit, because if the defense came to play, they wouldn't of scored 24 points.

And Jacksonville, to an extent, is playing for that. How many people even knew the Jaguars had the third best recrod in the AFC last year? That and everybody finds something to talk bad about Leftwich, who's a very good Quarterback, a very underrated one as well.

Thanks Mofo. Having Maddox in the game cripples your offense. He cannot move, so the defense sits on the run and blitzes on passing downs.

If you can't run...and you have to throw, and Tommy Maddox is your QB...you're fucked.

Hell What'shisface from Page 2 on ESPN.com said he wants to institute a rule that any team starting Maddox at QB has all the bets placed on them automatically thrown out.

Maddox was that bad in his last two years as a QB.

Holy fuck, in typical Lions fashion, they fucking self destructed. Initially there was some positive, but when you commit more than ten penalties and constantly shoot yourself in the foot you will lose the game. That's the fucking Lions though, Marinelli already has that perplexed look on his face ala Marriucci, Morningwheg, Ross, Fontes, Clark, etc. etc. etc.

Roy Williams is a fucking moron for shooting his mouth off and guaranteeing a win. He hasn't done a whole fucking lot of good for us today. Way to go buddy.

And lastly, I feel bad for Jon Kitna. He's playing pretty good but he just has no fucking time to pass. The offensive line is offensive (putrid even).

Who Dey... Who fucking Dey.

And wow, Oakland fucking sucks. Two weeks in a row now, I pick them to cover a very easy spread and every week they manage to embarass themselves even further. And the Jets better knock it off too, they're pissing me off.

Muahahaha the Eagles fell apart. Almost 500 total yards of offense in the first 3 1/2 quarters, then they let up 17 points in the fourth and play like shit in overtime. And I hate the giants.

Also, if there isn't a Jerry Porter for Billy Voleck trade in the next week I'm going to be shocked. The Riaders desperatley need a capable quarteback, especially with Brooks getting injured and are clearly never going to use Porter again. The Titans are never going to use Voleck and could certainly use a guy like Porter.

And wow, Oakland fucking sucks. Two weeks in a row now, I pick them to cover a very easy spread and every week they manage to embarass themselves even further. And the Jets better knock it off too, they're pissing me off.

Edited by Evil Chase K

How about those 40 points, Roy Williams? Moron.

Grossman still blows.

Can you tell the whole city of Cincinatti to get a new chant? Preferably one that wasn't stolen from the Saints.

When you steal from the Saints...there's something wrong.

Edited by ACCBiggz

Starter to 6th rounder, ouch.

EDIT: Shit, forgot to update picks after seeing the ineptness of Oakland. I'm the only one that picked them to win :crying: I'm a fool.

There is no ouch, everyone knows he sucks. Volek was only a starter due to McNair's injuries and then the trade.