NFL 06/07 Talk

Guest Mighty Mighty Bosstown

Speak got a question for you. Did you see the block in the back call on Nece when he supposedly blocked "Dunn" in the back.

I watched a highlight reel on Buccaneers dot com. Dunn was facing towards nece and at the last second turned Nece held up and did put his hands or shoulders on Dunn.

Tampa Bay would have had their first TD had it not been for a bullshit call. For proof I give the following.

http://www.buccaneers.com/av/realplayer.as...amp;bitrate=300

Edited by sqeak

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still think the Jags record last year was more a product of their schedule than anything.

But this year the Jags are for real. Great defense. Good enough offense to win assuming Leftwich doesn't fuck up.

That said here are my eight factors that combined to cause the Steelers to lose what was up until Ben's INTs a very winnable game...

1. Jacksonville beat our ass and stopped the run.

2. Ben sucked. He was rusty.

3. Cowher coached not to lose...again.

4. Defense was drained in the 2nd half and could not tackle.

5. Stupid offensive playcalling because of reason #3.

6. The Jags beat our ass and stopped the run.

7. No running lanes for Willie.

8. Sean fucking Morey was active instead of Willie Reid.

Speak got a question for you. Did you see the block in the back call on Nece when he supposedly blocked "Dunn" in the back.

I watched a highlight reel on Buccaneers dot com. Dunn was facing towards nece and at the last second turned Nece held up and did put his hands or shoulders on Dunn.

Tampa Bay would have had their first TD had it not been for a bullshit call. For proof I give the following.

No I didn't. It wasn't on TV where I lived. But one call can change every game. The Falcons got called for holding sometime in the game. If they didn't get that call, it could've been a TD on the next play. Things like that can happen at anytime. Refs aren't perfect, they mess up every game. But that holding call could've been bullshit, just like that play.

EDIT: BTW, the "no-name" Jags just beat the defending Super Bowl champion Steelers 9-0.

No I didn't. It wasn't on TV where I lived. But one call can change every game. The Falcons got called for holding sometime in the game. If they didn't get that call, it could've been a TD on the next play. Things like that can happen at anytime. Refs aren't perfect, they mess up every game. But that holding call could've been bullshit, just like that play.

EDIT: BTW, the "no-name" Jags just beat the defending Super Bowl champion Steelers 9-0.

Yes, but comparing the two is just an excuse. If the ref had made the right call, Tampa would've gotten a touchdown. Sure, something could have happened after that, but the entire game would be changed.

So, you're arguement that "anything can happen", while technically correct, is more of a cop-out because you bragged without actually watching the game and noticing the blown call. ;)

The Vikings winning makes me smile, one of my favorite teams for awhile now and it's good to see that they're doing well.

Jacksonville beat Pittsburgh? I fell asleep in the pre game and woke up just an hour ago. Holy shit, that's amazing. I wouldn't of thought that to happen in at least a few more years.

Jacksonville are looking well, oh yes. They are.

The Vikings winning makes me smile, one of my favorite teams for awhile now and it's good to see that they're doing well.

Jacksonville beat Pittsburgh? I fell asleep in the pre game and woke up just an hour ago. Holy shit, that's amazing. I wouldn't of thought that to happen in at least a few more years.

Jacksonville are looking well, oh yes. They are.

Baltimore won't win the North, McNair is one hit away from being crippled again. Even with him, I still don't think they are good enough to beat Cincy or Pittsburgh.

Jacksonville is underrated, but you have to realize Ben wasn't at 100%, and it was hardly a dominating win. The Steelers D was solid, and I suspect Ben will be back to form soon enough.

Baltimore won't win the North, McNair is one hit away from being crippled again. Even with him, I still don't think they are good enough to beat Cincy or Pittsburgh.

Jacksonville is underrated, but you have to realize Ben wasn't at 100%, and it was hardly a dominating win. The Steelers D was solid, and I suspect Ben will be back to form soon enough.

Ravens will win the North thanks to their schedule.

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/schedule.jsp

Not counting games against the Steelers or the Bengals, the Ravens should win 9-10 games easy.

Split both series against the Steelers and the Bengals and they walk away with the division title.

The Browns may not have played a good game at all but atleast they laid out Chad Johnson at the end that was a sick hit and if you didnt see it here it is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZSAdnqttQ7I Offense really isnt able to put it together right now and that is what is really bringing the team down along with a bunch of tipped balls that went for interception and I cant take anything away from the Bengals secondary since they always were in the right place for those. It looks like the Browns will have another high draft pick, hopefully they use it well.

The Ravens, at this point, are obviously the front runners for the division. Super Bowl champs or not, the Steelers aren't as good as they were last year and the Ravens are a far better team.

Little tidbit that's been on ESPN a lot today: the last time Baltimore was 2-0 was their Super Bowl winning year. Not saying anything, but it's still an interesting fact that COULD lead to the future.

Oh and Chase, the Steelers aren't going 12-4...11-5 maybe, but I'm seeing 10-6 this year, just because they don't have running game consistent enough (Parker's still unproven between the tackles and davenport is probably going to get hurt). Sure Ben wasn't 100%, but last time I checked, the Steelers are a running team and their running game was terrible, so don't not give the Jags too much credit now just because Ben wasn't 100%.

Oh and the Bengals smell bad? I don't know how a 2-0 team could be considered bad, but sure, whatever you want to say.