NFL 06/07 Talk

Guest Mighty Mighty Bosstown

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just want to say that I love NFL network. It's probably one of the greatest things to happen to me as a football fan (atleast until the Lions make the playoffs :shifty: ). I love that I can see games that I wouldn't normally get locally, plus it's relatively light on commercials and nice insight from the players after the fact. I'm the kind of guy that will watch every single televised football game because there is nothing quite as entertaining for me. I go nuts through the spring/summer with no football.

By the way, I declare that if the Lions lose to the Packers this week than I expect them to finish no better than 3-13. I know we're not very good, but I expect us to beat the Packers at home, as I think our team is better all around. Then for me to say we're not very good might be getting hasty, there is still 14 more games left in the season. Miami started off pretty awful last year and managed to finish 9-7.

As an aside dealing with the Dolphins and Lions, I'm really hoping Joey Harrington is named the starter eventually. Only because if he gets a certain amount of playing time then we get a higher draft pick than initially traded for. Though the thought of Joey Harrington beating the Lions at home on fucking Thanksgiving Day would be a sick poetic justice.

The Dolphins definitely need to do something about Daunte Culpepper. Its obvious that his knee isn't fully recovered, and he's so immobile he makes Vinnie Testeverde (who I guess is finally retired, thank God!) look like a ninja acrobat on speed.

As for the Lions-Packers game, VP, I'll be surprised if the Lions lose, but I expect it to be a fairly close game. I'll be surprised if the Lions win by more than 10 points, and expect it to be more like 7 points.

(Note: that prediction depends on Favre not tossing a few interceptions.)

Interesting fact? 2-0 means jack shit.

That's not the interesting fact...the interesting fact is that that hasn't happened for the Ravens since they won the Super Bowl. I didn't say that being 2-0 automatically makes you tough shit, but the fact that a majority of the teams that start out 2-0, make the playoffs, it's an interesting look as to what could happen.

Vinny isn't that slow :shifty:

But yeah, it's far to early to judge things this year. Teams are still getting used to each other, and I suspect by week 5 or 6 we will start to see the real teams rise, while the pretenders fall. There are always teams that start off 5-0, than completly die to end the season.

Vinny isn't that slow :shifty:

But yeah, it's far to early to judge things this year. Teams are still getting used to each other, and I suspect by week 5 or 6 we will start to see the real teams rise, while the pretenders fall. There are always teams that start off 5-0, than completly die to end the season.

That's not the interesting fact...the interesting fact is that that hasn't happened for the Ravens since they won the Super Bowl. I didn't say that being 2-0 automatically makes you tough shit, but the fact that a majority of the teams that start out 2-0, make the playoffs, it's an interesting look as to what could happen.

Edited by Livid

2-0 under any circumstance, means jack shit. I know the point you were trying to make. You're still wrong.

The main argument i have for the Ravens is who did they beat?

Tampa Bay, who are clearly nowhere near as good as last year. They have been crap so far, and seem to have taken a step backwards.

Oakland? Are you kidding? I'm sorry, but Oakland just suck this year. Com eback on week 4, beat the Chargers, and than we will see if the Ravens are "Super Bowl" good.

You could also say that the last time the Colts went 2-0 they made it to the divisional playoffs. That must mean it's going to happen again this time, eh? It's just insignificant.

But this hasn't happened in 6 years and under no circumstance has it happened since they won the Super Bowl. I'm not saying that it will happen or even that it'll probably happen, I'm just saying that it was interesting because given how well the team has been playing, one could argue that this Ravens team is better than the one that won the Super Bowl.

Holy shit has Dragsy ever missed the point. All he's saying is that it's interesting the last time the Ravens went 2-0, things ended well for them. That's equivalent to me saying "This is Charlton's worst start in the Premiership". Neither of us are saying 'ZOMG LOLOL RAVENS R SUPREBOL CHAPMS" or "LOLOL CHARLTON R SHYTE" (...OK, maybe the second one's not far off the mark), it's just a little factoid. Now, if you'd used the 2-0 start to justify the Ravens securing a playoff spot, I could understand, but he hasn't and you've acted like an idiot.