NFL 06/07 Talk

Guest Mighty Mighty Bosstown

I feel sorry for fans of the Cardinals, even if they are in the same division as the 49ers, because this is getting ridiculous. If Green isn't gone by the end of the year, there's something wrong with the higher-ups of the Cardinals. He's a good coach, but he just doesn't fit in there. I'd say somebody defensive-minded would be better, like say Ron Rivera of the Bears?

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, how else can the refs screw the cowboys.

First the get in Roy Williams way so he can't deflect a pass, then they overturn a giants fumble cause of tuck rule bullshit and now they called a sack on Drew Bledsoe when he spun around, made a completion and then got knocked down.

Complete pass? Nope, thats a sack.

fucking bullshit

Edited by Maxx

And thank god he did.

Don't care about the interceptions, it was the first time the entire team was counting on him, and he had to come in and play from behind, so I chalk those up to pressure.

He threw two TDs and made some good plays on the run, which is reason enough for me that he should be starting.

And thank god he did.

Don't care about the interceptions, it was the first time the entire team was counting on him, and he had to come in and play from behind, so I chalk those up to pressure.

He threw two TDs and made some good plays on the run, which is reason enough for me that he should be starting.

How can you say that? We've seen, what, one half of play from Romo? The game against the Giants was his first game to throw more than two passes. And even then, he was thrown into the mix in a very bad situation (ie. they were losing).

Where is Testaverde now, anyways? I thought he was with the Jets, but I can't find out anything on that (despite ESPN listing him on their roster).

He was on the couch last year too, but he ending up playing anyway. I could see them bring Vinny in, but give Romo a few games first.

Why would we bring Vinny in when Bledsoe is still on our roster? Parcells has obviously chosen Romo to try and turn our record into a winning one, but you have to be patient with him as he's never started before. You can't play him for a 'few games' and then pull him, it will mess the team around even more. The only way Romo will be yanked is through injury and we wouldn't even bring Testaverde in then because we have a better replacement in Drew Bledsoe.

Alright, I need someone to give me some unbiased advice on these bets.

10/11 N'Orleans to beat the Ravens, the spread is -2. Would I be right in thinking that I'll only win the bet if the Saints beat the Ravens by two or more points? If so, how do you rank that and the following bets:

Pittsburgh to beat Oakland, -9, 10/11

Indy to beat Denver in the Horse Bowl, +3, 10/13

Carolina to beat Dallas, -5, 10/11

Houston to beat Tennessee, +3, 5/6

He was on the couch last year too, but he ending up playing anyway. I could see them bring Vinny in, but give Romo a few games first.

Why would we bring Vinny in when Bledsoe is still on our roster? Parcells has obviously chosen Romo to try and turn our record into a winning one, but you have to be patient with him as he's never started before. You can't play him for a 'few games' and then pull him, it will mess the team around even more. The only way Romo will be yanked is through injury and we wouldn't even bring Testaverde in then because we have a better replacement in Drew Bledsoe.

Edited by sqeak

He's down as retired but eligable to be called up. The Bills were interested in him I think, but he's nothing more than an emergency player, New England took him on trial I think, thinking about making him back up to Brady.

The truth is he won't get called up more than likely so he's as good as retired. As for last season when he was 'sitting on his couch', he was a free agent - as opposed to being semi-retired.

10/11 N'Orleans to beat the Ravens, the spread is -2. Would I be right in thinking that I'll only win the bet if the Saints beat the Ravens by two or more points? If so, how do you rank that and the following bets:

Do you think anyone bet money on Northwestern blowing a 38-3 lead in one and a half quarters? Even if they did, they probably only won $10 if they put $1 on :P.

As for the bets, I looked over them earlier, and there too close to call really. Dallas/Carolina could swing either way rather easily. So could Houston/Tennessee. Ravens could easily take Saints in my eyes and vice versa really. Even Indy/Denver isn't sure, since Indy aren't going to go the whole year undefeated and especially with it being at Mile High you never know.

They don't seem safe enough to bet a team will win by X amount considering either team will win. Chances are Pittsburgh might not beat Oakland by 9 either, but they'll more than likely win.