NFL 06/07 Talk

Guest Mighty Mighty Bosstown

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah the Browns were up until about 35 secounds to go and not only were they ahead up until that point but they were missing there starting RB in Droughns and the Browns secoundry which played well is pretty deep on the depth chart in because of injury. I am not making excuses for the lose cause the Browns should have been able to hold onto the lead and they just couldnt, but the fact still remains if the Browns had Droughns who knows if that would have helped or not.

Part of me is happy that the Cowboys won, I don't want to see teams going undefeated all season to be honest. Part of me is upset because, well, it's the Cowboys - and like I predicted we're going to hear about it from now until the end of the Earth.

Now with Philadelphia losing McNabb for the season, Dallas could sneak into the play offs if they have a good run of form. At least I can hope not.

Edited by IAceI

Yeah the Browns were up until about 35 secounds to go and not only were they ahead up until that point but they were missing there starting RB in Droughns and the Browns secoundry which played well is pretty deep on the depth chart in because of injury. I am not making excuses for the lose cause the Browns should have been able to hold onto the lead and they just couldnt, but the fact still remains if the Browns had Droughns who knows if that would have helped or not.

Let's face it though, the Browns are still 3-7. There's too much of this "coulda, woulda, shoulda" discussion.

Good teams pull out the tough wins and hold on to leads. The Browns just aren't there yet, but I wont deny that they have some nice young players to build around.

Speaking of bad teams, let's all congratulate the Lions on officially becoming the NFL's worst team this year. Seriously, you dominate Atlanta and then let the 49ers and Cardinals make you look foolish? Where did our old friend consistency go? Well, they have been consistently bad since Millen's take over.

Oh yeah, rumor has it that Mike Williams may never play football again as he has no desire for the game. Go Millen. :thumbsdown:

Here's a scary thought, Joey Harrington of all people makes his return to Detroit on Thanksgiving game of all games. Here's an even scarier thought, Harrington lighting up the scoreboard and the fickle Lions fans saying "We should have never let him go".

Hmmm. I also remember Cleveland being ahead pretty much the whole game and Pittsburgh only coming back towards the end. And then that TD with 35 seconds left to put them on top.

Yeah, they were completely the dominant team that deserved to win.

They're still the Browns. Plain and simple. And they always will be.

Just like Cincinatti...they're still the Bungles. And they too will always be the Bungles.

Bring on the Ravens...if the Steelers play like they're capable and don't turn the ball over they have a VERY GOOD chance to beat the Ravens. Twice.

*to the tune of clock chiming the hour* WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG...WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG

You no longer can use that godawful "TEAM X IS STILL TEAM X LOLZ" argument because of the statistics quoted above. Think about that - they were a field goal away from beating us, they were a touchdown away from beating both Pittsburgh and the Chargers. You can't "lolz deyr stil de brownz olz" because they've earned the right to be treated like a team just one win behind last year's Superbowl winners.

"Only "dominant" because of one horrible throw for a pick six. One good defensive play for a pick, and a fluke play that would've been another pick six if their players weren't retarded.

And their offense couldn't do much at all."

So they were dominant because of an interception, a defensive play and a fluke play?

Sorry but you might as well say "The Steelers were so shit, a shit team like the Browns were better than them on 3 plays."

"The same Super Bowl winner who if they had their heads out of their asses to start the year and didn't turn the ball over so much would be 7-3 at WORST and far more than 1 game ahead of the Browns."

It's part of the game. Just like the Browns can't win matches they should, the Steelers can't hold onto the ball. I might as well just say "Well if we scored more points than our opponents we wouldn't be 3-7" :-\

You turn the ball over, make mistakes, and then try to defend yourselves saying if you didn't do it you would be 7-3 at worst?

Yeah, you can't really argue that the Steelers would be 7-3 if they didn't turn the ball over because well, they turned the ball over. That's a team trait and you can't blame it on them having their heads up their asses because it's more than that. I can argue that if the 49ers didn't turn the ball over as much, they'd be 7-3. It's an unrealistic argument because if anybody turned the ball over less, you can probably assume that for a majority of the teams in the NFL.

And come Sunday the Ravens will prove to not only you and the Steelers, but also the rest of the league that they're not a team that will just lie down and let others dominate them. Especially if Ray Lewis is back for the game. My money's on the Ravens D making Ben look like a fool.

And I'm excited that the Niners are actually at .500. I sure as hell didn't expect, but hey, they're there and there's always a possibility that they could end up with a wildcard spot.

They're still the Browns. Plain and simple. And they always will be.

Just like Cincinatti...they're still the Bungles. And they too will always be the Bungles.

Bring on the Ravens...if the Steelers play like they're capable and don't turn the ball over they have a VERY GOOD chance to beat the Ravens. Twice.

*to the tune of clock chiming the hour* WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG...WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG

You no longer can use that godawful "TEAM X IS STILL TEAM X LOLZ" argument because of the statistics quoted above. Think about that - they were a field goal away from beating us, they were a touchdown away from beating both Pittsburgh and the Chargers. You can't "lolz deyr stil de brownz olz" because they've earned the right to be treated like a team just one win behind last year's Superbowl winners.

Yeah, you can't really argue that the Steelers would be 7-3 if they didn't turn the ball over because well, they turned the ball over. That's a team trait and you can't blame it on them having their heads up their asses because it's more than that. I can argue that if the 49ers didn't turn the ball over as much, they'd be 7-3. It's an unrealistic argument because if anybody turned the ball over less, you can probably assume that for a majority of the teams in the NFL.

And come Sunday the Ravens will prove to not only you and the Steelers, but also the rest of the league that they're not a team that will just lie down and let others dominate them. Especially if Ray Lewis is back for the game. My money's on the Ravens D making Ben look like a fool.

And I'm excited that the Niners are actually at .500. I sure as hell didn't expect, but hey, they're there and there's always a possibility that they could end up with a wildcard spot.

Ray Lewis is the most overrated player in the game. Always has been. He gets so many phantom tackles it's pathetic. And he even admitted that he can't do anything unless he's unblocked by asking for a fat dlineman to take his blocks.

Brian Urlacher is all over the field making plays blocked or not. And I don't see Urlacher getting 15 credited tackles by pile jumping or being in the area.

I hope Dan Kreider's healthy so he can knock Ray's head off....again.

And "Be"...it's an expression. Meaning the Browns have sucked and will continue to suck.

Ray Lewis is the most overrated player in the game. Always has been. He gets so many phantom tackles it's pathetic. And he even admitted that he can't do anything unless he's unblocked by asking for a fat dlineman to take his blocks.

Brian Urlacher is all over the field making plays blocked or not. And I don't see Urlacher getting 15 credited tackles by pile jumping or being in the area.

I hope Dan Kreider's healthy so he can knock Ray's head off....again.

And "Be"...it's an expression. Meaning the Browns have sucked and will continue to suck.

Edited by Livid

Sorry, Livid, but you're dead wrong. Ray Lewis IS overrated and has been for a few years now. I'd take Brian Urlacher in an instant over him or even Tedi Bruschi over him if I had to any day if I was looking to build a proper defense.

Sucks for the Eagles that McNabb is out for the regular season. I dislike the Eagles, but I hate to see players get injured. Hopefully the Cowboys will recover enough to win the division or the wild card, and Parcells won't make any more stupid decisions like the failed 2 pt conversion early on that cost them the game against the Deadskins.

And I would like to repeat a few things to make Steelers fans feel better: even if they didn't have injuries and other problems that fans are using as excuses for their losses, they still would not be repeating; they were not a dynasty in the making, but just lucky to even make it to the Super Bowl, and are probably the worst team to actually win one. I remember when Woody and Skip ripped them apart the day after over Porter calling them a dynasty in the locker room celebration after the game, and they also got torn up on a few other sports shows on ESPN and Fox Sports.

For the record, though....

Ravens > Steelers > Browns. If you consider the current team the real Browns instead of the Ravens, when the Browns are really the expansion team not Baltimore, then the Browns haven't been decent since....what....the 60's?

Edited by GhostMachine